STOWE HIGH SCHOOL
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
teacher on duty – Jane Lambert
· TODAY, Tuesday, September 27th Class Election and Student Leadership Election for freshmen will take place during TA.
· Jazz Band will take place TOMORROW, Wednesday, September 28th during block 1.
· Music Lessons – Thursday, September 29th S. Stafford period 6B, A. Infante, E. Barrett, T. Hoekstra, W. Cannon and V. Eliasson period 8.
· On Friday, September 30th, Ambient Photography will be at school to take portraits of each student. Those who wish to purchase a package may do so by paying the full amount to the photographer at the time your picture is taken. Please be sure to fill out all the information on the picture form that is requested. Packages will not be produced for students who do not pay at the camera. All students must be photographed for school student ID cards. In addition – there will be NO props or crazy poses for pictures this year this will be strongly enforced!
· Community Service:
o Oktoberfest – Saturday, October 1st and Sunday, October 2nd. Volunteers are needed for parking, serving food, working the kid's area, selling pretzels and other jobs. To sign up contact Jen Colin at firstname.lastname@example.org Attention seniors – this community service is mandatory if you plan on applying for the Stowe Rotary Scholarship.
o Support our local veterans and community members by volunteering at the 3rd Annual Free Veteran's Day Community Breakfast at Stowe Community Church on Friday, November 11th. Signup sheet in the high school office.
· Announcement from the Bus Barn – Change in the bus order in the afternoon. The bus line starting closes to the soccer field – Bus 3, Joe's bus, Bus 1, Donna's bus, Bus 50, Brian's bus (Wolcott bus), bus 2, John's bus, and Bus 5, Cathy's bus.
· Cotton Brook Fun Run!! Come check it out. Every Tuesday at 5:20pm runners, joggers, and walkers gather to participate in the Cotton Brook Fun Run. Choose a half mile, 1 mile, 2.2 mile or the ever challenging 5k. It is a great way to improve overall strength and endurance. Meet below the gate in Cotton Brook every Tuesday through late October.
· Flu Shot Clinic will be administered by Molly Lewis our local CVS registered pharmacist on Friday, October 7th 12:30 – 3:30 in the nurse's office. Please be sure to bring your insurance card.
All entrées served with milk, fruit and veggie bar
SEP 27 – homemade whole wheat pizza, Caesar salad
SEP 28 – meatloaf, mashed potato, whole wheat roll
SEP 29 – beef or bean nacho's cheese sauce, rice, salsa, sour cream
SEP 30 – fish and chips, French fries, coleslaw, tartar sauce
OCT 3 – beef enchiladas, seasoned rice, salsa, sour cream, black bean & corn salad
OCT 4 – homemade whole wheat pizza, Caesar salad
OCT 5 – Cabot grilled cheddar cheese sandwich, tomato soup
OCT 6 – meatball sub, Spinach salad, French fries
OCT 7 – shepherd's pie, green beans, whole wheat roll
OCT 10 – whole wheat spaghetti, red or meat sauce, ratatouille
OCT 11 – homemade whole wheat pizza, Caesar salad
OCT 12 – hot roast beef sandwich, mashed potato, gravy, steamed broccoli
OCT 13 – hamburgers/cheeseburgers, whole wheat bun, French fries, baked beans
OCT 14 – homemade chicken and biscuits, butternut squash
SEP 27 – Field Hockey @ St. Johnsbury; V 4:00, JV 5:15, bus leave 1:45
Girls' Soccer @ U-32; JV 4:30, V 6:00, bus leave 4:15
SEP 28 – Boys' Soccer @ U-32; JV 4:30, V 6:00, bus leave 3:00
SEP 30 – Varsity Field Hockey vs. Montpelier; 4:00
Freshman Boys' Soccer @ South Burlington; 4:30, bus leave 2:50
Girls' Soccer vs. Lamoille; 4:30
OCT 1 – Cross Country @ Thetford Invite; bus leave 7:30 HS
Boys' Soccer vs. Lamoille; 2:30
OCT 4 – Field Hockey vs. Rice; V 3:45, JV 5:00
Boys' Soccer @ Peoples; 2:45