STOWE HIGH SCHOOL
Monday, December 5, 2016
teacher on duty – Jess Wells
· Day of Service is fast approaching. We are looking for more ideas of ways we can help in our Community. If you have any ideas or know of a group or individual we should reach out to, please speak with Ms. Wells or a member of the Student Leadership Team.
· Buy your Santa's Nice List Raffle to support Stowe Education Fund! Over $2,000 worth of gift certificates, merchandise and gift baskets. Raffle tickets are $20 for one or $50 for three. www.stoweeducationfund.org to purchase tickets.
· Students going to the District Music Festival in Newport in March, please bring $20 to Mrs. Lambert by the end of this week for your registration fee. You will get two tickets to the concert in return. W. Cannon, F. Reed, R. Wasser, H. Abramsohn, A. Hamilton, S. Barg & C. Wu.
· Holiday Open House to benefit Stowe Education Fund will take place TOMORROW, Tuesday, November 6th from 5:00 – 9:00pm at the Mountain Road Market Place.
· Jazz Band will take place on Wednesday, December 7th during block 5.
· A representative from the US Marine Corp. will be in the cafeteria on Thursday, December 15th during both lunches.
· The Global Children's Club is collecting clothing for children in need. There will be a box in the high school lobby the clothing. Donations can be shirts, pants, sweatshirts, winter wear and shoes.
· Nurse Janet Godin will be conducting Eye Exams for grades 9 and 11. If you have a free period, stop by and see Janet.
· Community Service:
o Kid's Night Out, Friday, December 9th; 5:30 – 10:30pm, contact Stowe Rec. 253-6138
o The Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center is looking for student volunteers. We look for positive and engaging people to help with putting up poster in our area, usher events, act as lobby greeters and more. For more information contact Derek Pedersen at email@example.com or call the box office at 802-760-4634.
o Osher Lifelong Learning Institute of UVM is looking for a tech assistant to help with two nine week lecture series. The lectures are on Wednesdays at 1:30pm. The tech assistant would help at 12:30pm to deal with DVD, power point and computer technology etc. Winter semester begins in January and the Fall semester begins in September. Contact Millie Marron at the Town & Country #253-7597.
· Attention seniors – VSAC Scholarships for Vermonters booklets are in the guidance office. Students can apply for VSAC scholarships for which they meet all eligibility requirements. Application deadline in Friday, March 3rd. If student applications ae submitted/postmarked by Friday, February 3rd they will be entered in a drawing for one of three $1,000 scholarships. Booklets are available in guidance and in the high school office.
· HELP NEEDED WITH THE FRIDAY SKI & SNOWBOARD PROGRAM – Looking for more volunteers to help with the Friday Afternoon Ski and Snowboard Program groups. Whether you can commit to certain days or can be on the substitute list, we need more volunteers to keep the group sizes small (4 – 6 kids per group). Requirements – Attend a mandatory 1-day safety clinic on either December 17th or 18th. You will receive a day pass validated on the Fridays that you attend and a 1-day lift ticket voucher that can be used Sunday – Friday with the exception of some blackout dates and is transferable for family and friends. Program dates are January 6, 13, 20, 27, February 10, 17, and March 10, 17. Please email or call Dot at 253-4154 firstname.lastname@example.org to receive more information.
· Refugee Outreach Club is hosting a winter clothing drive through the month of November until Friday, December 16th. Please donate new or gently used winter coats, hats mittens, boots and any other warm clothing. Donation bins are located in the HS lobby as well as the SES lobby. All donations will be going to the Vermont Refugee Resettlement Program and other organizations with a mission to provide for local New American communities in Vermont.
· The 2017 Ella Skye Art Calendar is here! There are so many ways to grab one before they sell out…on the web at www.ellaskyeart.com, Black Cap Coffee or Bear Pond Books in Stowe. You can also email Ella's mom at email@example.com and have it delivered right to the high school. Calendars are $15.95 ($16.60 w/tax) 10% of all calendars sold support Heartbeet Lifesharing in Hardwick. Support local art, autism awareness and Heartbeet all at the same time!
· Attention students: Friday Program registration forms and applicable waivers must be signed by a parent and returned with any fees in the high school office as soon as possible!
· HUNO Club is collecting non-perishable food for the local Food Shelf. The goal is 50 items per TA. This food drive will run the month of November. The TA in each grade that brings in the most items will be rewarded a Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream party!
· The Ultimate Frisbee Club is now selling Stowe Raider Frisbee's for $15. See Roger to purchase.
· Students can now upload photos from their mobile devices to be put into the yearbook through an app called "Replay It". It is available for free online. Yearbook club is looking for sports pictures, homecoming pictures, spirit week pictures and any candid's you wish to be seen in the yearbook.
All entrées served with milk, fruit and veggie bar
DEC 5 – whole wheat spaghetti, red or meat sauce, ratatouille
DEC 6 – chicken tenders, French fries
DEC 7 – turkey tacos, rice, salsa, sour cream, black bean & corn salad
DEC 8 – Italian dunkers, meat or marinara sauce, Caesar salad
DEC 9 – Cabot grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup
DEC 5 – Boys' Varsity Basketball vs. Websterville Baptist; 6:00
DEC 7 – Boys' Ice Hockey vs. Lyndon – Scrimmage; 4:30
Girls' Basketball @ Cabot – Scrimmage; 5:30, bus leave 3:45 ES
Girls' Ice Hockey @ NCU; 6:00 – Jay Peak, bus leave 3:35 ES
Boys' Basketball @ Cabot – Scrimmage; 7:00, bus leave 3:45 ES
DEC 10 – Nordic Team @ Stratford – Skate; 10:00
Girls' Ice Hockey vs. U-32; 6:30
DEC 14 – Girls' Ice Hockey vs. Hartford; 5:00
Boys' Ice Hockey vs. Milton; 7:00
DEC 15 – Boys' Basketball vs. Craftsbury; JV 5:30, V 7:00
DEC 16 – Girls' Basketball vs. Harwood; JV 5:30, V 7:00
DEC 17 – Boys' Basketball vs. Montpelier; JV 1:00, V 2:30
Girls' Ice Hockey vs. Spaulding; 4:30
Boys' Ice Hockey vs. U-32; 6:30