· All students – TIME TO CLEAN OUT YOUR LOCKERS! Stowe High School is not responsible for items left behind.
· All students who plan on taking AP Calculus next year: Meet in Teagan Garon's room briefly at the start of TA Tuesday, June 6th to get your textbook and summer assignment.
· NO Chorus or Band classes Tuesday, June, 6th, please report to SPP periods 3 & 4.
· All girls' playing Field Hockey or interested in playing Field Hockey next year, please meet Coach Janet Godin Wednesday, June 7th in the auditorium lobby during the beginning of TA time.
· All students enrolled in AP Biology for next year MUST attend a meeting after school at 2:45 Wednesday, June 7th in Mr. McDowell's room. Expectations for the summer and next year will be outlined. The meeting should only require 15-20 minutes.
· Students who are registered to take Human Rights and Genocide need to meet in Ms. Schafer's room on Thursday, June 8th during snack to discuss Rwanda trip interest.
· BAND EXAM UPDATE! Thursday, June 8th – HS Band will be held during the students regular classes period 3 or 4. No double block mandatory rehearsal. Friday June 9th HS band needs to be dismissed from their 3 period classes at 9:55. We will rehearse in the auditorium with the Seniors for about 20 minutes. Students will get to their 4th period classes around 10:25. This ½ hour time frame in Mandatory.
· Seniors: Mandatory graduation rehearsals are on Thursday, June 8th at 1:15pm and Friday, June 9th at 10:00am.
· Attention Band and Chorus members: the following items need to be returned no later than Friday June 9th. You will be charged $3 A PAGE for missing music. This will add up VERY fast so get your folders in please.
o All Band Music (except Pomp & Circumstance & Maserpiece)
o All Chorus Music
o All Jazz Music (and is put away properly in the Master folders)
o Jazz Band outfits with shirt dry cleaned – brought back in plastic and everything marked with your name.
o NON-refundable check for $75 if you intend on going to see Phantom of the Opera this fall.
· The Second Annual Scout Film Festival will take place Friday, June 9th – Sunday, June 11th here in Stowe and offers a variety of events! Opening Day Screening at the Helen Day Art Center, Opening Night Reception and Entertainment at Trapp Family Lodge, Film Screenings, Workshops with Industry Experts, and exciting Awards Ceremony at Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center on Saturday night including a Red Carpet (dress it up!); Musical Entertainment by THE SNAZ, Vermont's own indie rock band from the depths of Brattleboro , VT; Hysterical Mistress of Ceremony, Host Laura Sullivan; Reception directly following and Sunday Final Networking Gathering.
· Stowe Parks and Recreation will be offering a Red Cross Babysitter Course on Saturday, June 17th. Ages 11 – 16, Registration deadline is Monday, June 12. Contact Stowe Rec. for more information and to register #253-6138.
· Art students – It's time to please pick up you Art Work from Ms. Crouse or Ms. Zimbalatti.
· Juniors English Honor students, please see Ms. Schnee for you summer reading.
· If you have signed up for either AP European or AP US History for next year, please see Mr. Williams for your summer assignment.
· If you have signed up for Grade 10 Honors English, please see Ms. Hoffmann for your summer reading assignment.
· Attention seniors - There are extra Graduation Announcements available in the office for $1 a piece.
· Community Service:
o Stowe Vibrancy looking for volunteers for their July 4th festivities, see Charlene for times and more details.
o Volunteers needed for the Stowe Free Library book sale. Sale is Wednesday, July 5 – Monday, July 24th. Contact Bonnie Knight for more information and to set up hours. firstname.lastname@example.org
· Enrollment for the 2018 school trip to Italy and Austria has opened. Please see. Mr. Dornfried for registration details.
· Cotton Brook Fun Run – Come check it out! On Tuesdays through June 20th in Cotton Brook, runners, joggers and walkers gather to participate in the Cotton Brook Fun Run. Choose ½ mile, 1 mile, 2.2 miles or the ever challenging 5k. It is a great way to improve your overall strength and endurance. We meet below the gate in Cotton Brook every Tuesday at 5:15pm rain, snow, sleet or hail, but not during thunderstorms. Remember it's fun, it's fast and it's free! Contact Becky McGovern #253-2252.
· Stowe Tennis Club is looking for a summer lifeguard. If you are interested please contact Adi Barnett at 802-793-1218.
· Fall Sports Registration is now open; please register on the school website. Deadline is Saturday, July 1st 2017.