· All students – TIME TO CLEAN OUT YOU LOCKERS! Stowe High School is not responsible for items left behind.
· Art students – It's time to please pick up you Art Work from Ms. Crouse or Ms. Zimbalatti.
· If you have signed up for either AP European or AP US History for next year, please see Mr. Williams for your summer assignment.
· If you have signed up for Grade 10 Honors English, please see Ms. Hoffmann for your summer reading assignment.
· Eco Week – Share the Throttle – Thursday, June 1st – encouraging faculty and students to carpool to school. Fresh Food Friday, June 2nd encouraging faculty and students to bring fresh and organic food for lunch. Eco week is to help raise awareness for the environment by participating in Stowe High School's second Eco Week. There are prizes for the most enthusiastic participants each day and a $50 prize for the overall winner for the week. Send a picture of your participation to G. Eliasson or J. Segal to get entered to wind some great prizes!
· Music Lessons – TODAY, Thursday, June 1st A. Infante, t. Hoekstra, A. Pelletier & V. Eliasson period 8.
· Bible Camp registration deadline is Thursday, June 1st. We are still accepting volunteers, so be a hero! High School students must register online so that we have a count and can give out community service assignments.
· Any students interested in joining the Stowe High Mountain Bike Club please come to an informational meeting during snack on Monday, June 5th. We will be participating in the Northern New England High School Series in the fall! We hope to field a big team of boys and girls, experienced riders and newcomers alike. See Roger with any questions.
· Stowe Middle/High School students invite all community members, business owners and parents to a follow-up of the dinner theater presentation about the strengths, challenges, concerns and pressures they face daily in their school and community. The students will show performances again and work on next steps. Our students invite you to improve our town with action and proactive thinking. The presentation will take place on Monday, June 5th at the Stowe Free Library Community Room at 6:00 – 7:30pm. Complementary coffee and dessert provided. Registration required at this link or search "Growing Up Stowe" on Eventbrite.
· All students who plan on taking AP Calculus next year: Meet in Teagan Garon's room briefly at the start of TA on Tuesday, June 6th to get your textbook and summer assignment.
· NO Chorus or Band classes on Tuesday, June, 6th, please report to SPP periods 3 & 4.
· All girls' playing Field Hockey or interested in playing Field Hockey next year, please meet Coach Janet Godin on Wednesday, June 7th in the auditorium lobby during the beginning of TA time.
· All students enrolled in AP Biology for next year MUST attend a meeting after school at 2:45 on Wednesday, June 7th in Mr. McDowell's room. Expectations for the summer and next year will be outlined. The meeting should only require 15-20 minutes.
· HS Band Exam is Thursday, June 8th and Friday, June 9th periods 3 & 4. The goal is to get the kids out of rehearsal asap and hopefully, they can attend part of, if not all of period 4.
· Seniors: Mandatory graduation rehearsals are on Thursday, June 8th at 1:15pm and Friday, June 9th at 10:00am.
· The Second Annual Scout Film Festival will take place Friday, June 9th – Sunday, June 11th here in Stowe and offers a variety of events! Opening Day Screening at the Helen Day Art Center, Opening Night Reception and Entertainment at Trapp Family Lodge, Film Screenings, Workshops with Industry Experts, and exciting Awards Ceremony at Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center on Saturday night including a Red Carpet (dress it up!); Musical Entertainment by THE SNAZ, Vermont's own indie rock band from the depths of Brattleboro , VT; Hysterical Mistress of Ceremony, Host Laura Sullivan; Reception directly following and Sunday Final Networking Gathering.
· Attention seniors - There are extra Graduation Announcements available in the office for $1 a piece.
· Community Service:
o Miles for Smiles, Sunday, June 4th 8:00 – 11:00am. Contact Stowe Rec. 253-6138.
o Volunteers needed for Bible Camp – Monday, June 19th thru Friday, June 23rd from 8:30am until noon. Contact Tom Silva firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or the register www.stowebiblecamp.org
o Stowe Vibrancy looking for volunteers for their July 4th festivities, see Charlene for times and more details.
o Volunteers needed for the Stowe Free Library book sale. Sale is Wednesday, July 5 – Monday, July 24th. Contact Bonnie Knight for more information and to set up hours. email@example.com
· Enrollment for the 2018 school trip to Italy and Austria has opened. Please see. Mr. Dornfried for registration details.
· Cotton Brook Fun Run – Come check it out! On Tuesdays through June 20th in Cotton Brook, runners, joggers and walkers gather to participate in the Cotton Brook Fun Run. Choose ½ mile, 1 mile, 2.2 miles or the ever challenging 5k. It is a great way to improve your overall strength and endurance. We meet below the gate in Cotton Brook every Tuesday at 5:15pm rain, snow, sleet or hail, but not during thunderstorms. Remember it's fun, it's fast and it's free! Contact Becky McGovern #253-2252.
· Stowe Tennis Club is looking for a summer lifeguard. If you are interested please contact Adi Barnett at 802-793-1218.
· Fall Sports Registration is now open; please register on the school website. Deadline is Saturday, July 1st 2017.