· LifeSkills for Seniors is a fun information-filled seminar designed for the class of 2017, that will touch on topics relevant to your life after graduation. Speakers include a self-defense demo from Ernie and more. This event will take place on Wednesday, May 31st from 8:30am until noon. Lunch and ice cream will be provided courtesy of Stowe Education Fund!
· Jazz Band will meet on Wednesday, May 31st during block 7.
· Eco Week – Wednesday, May 31st – Water Bottle Day, encouraging teachers and students to bring a reusable water bottle, the cafeteria will NOT be selling water bottles TODAY, Wednesday. Share the Throttle – on Thursday, June 1st – encouraging faculty and students to carpool to school. Fresh Food Friday, June 2nd encouraging faculty and students to bring fresh and organic food for lunch. Eco week is to help raise awareness for the environment by participating in Stowe High School's second Eco Week. There are prizes for the most enthusiastic participants each day and a $50 prize for the overall winner for the week. Send a picture of your participation to G. Eliasson or J. Segal to get entered to wind some great prizes!
· · Bible Camp registration deadline is Thursday, June 1st. We are still accepting volunteers, so be a hero! High School students must register online so that we have a count and can give out community service assignments.
· Stowe Middle/High School students invite all community members, business owners and parents to a follow-up of the dinner theater presentation about the strengths, challenges, concerns and pressures they face daily in their school and community. The students will show performances again and work on next steps. Our students invite you to improve our town with action and proactive thinking. The presentation will take place on Monday, June 5th at the Stowe Free Library Community Room at 6:00 – 7:30pm. Complementary coffee and dessert provided. Registration Required at this link or search "Growing Up Stowe" on Eventbrite.
· All students who plan on taking AP Calculus next year: Meet in Teagan Garon's room briefly at the start of TA on Tuesday, June 6th to get your textbook and summer assignment.
· All students enrolled in AP Biology for next year MUST attend a meeting after school at 2:45 on Wednesday, June 7th in Mr. McDowell's room. Expectations for the summer and next year will be outlined. The meeting should only require 15-20 minutes.
· HS Band Exam is Thursday, June 8th and Friday, June 9th periods 3 & 4. The goal is to get the kids out of rehearsal asap and hopefully, they can attend part of, if not all of period 4.
· Seniors: Mandatory graduation rehearsals are on Thursday, June 8th at 1:15pm and Friday, June 9th at 10:00am.
· Attention seniors - There are extra Graduation Announcements available in the office for $1 a piece.
· Stowe Tennis Club is looking for a summer lifeguard. If you are interested please contact Adi Barnett at 802-793-1218.
· Fall Sports Registration is now open; please register on the school website. Deadline is Saturday, July 1st 2017.
· Community Service:
o Miles for Smiles, Sunday, June 4th 8:00 – 11:00am. Contact Stowe Rec. 253-6138.
o Volunteers needed for Bible Camp – Monday, June 19th thru Friday, June 23rd from 8:30am until noon. Contact Tom Silva firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or the register www.stowebiblecamp.org
o Stowe Vibrancy looking for volunteers for their July 4th festivities, see Charlene for times and more details.
o Volunteers needed for the Stowe Free Library book sale. Sale is Wednesday, July 5 – Monday, July 24th. Contact Bonnie Knight for more information and to set up hours. email@example.com
o Stowe Area Association is looking for volunteers to stuff envelopes for The Antique Car Show mailing. Students can come and work for a few hours and watch Netflix at the same time. Hours are Monday – Saturday 9 – 5 and Sundays 11 – 5. Students an even pick up the materials and bring it home to work on. Contact Ali or Zak at SAA 253-7321 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Enrollment for the 2018 school trip to Italy and Austria has opened. Please see. Mr. Dornfried for registration details.
· Cotton Brook Fun Run – Come check it out! On Tuesdays through June 20th in Cotton Brook, runners, joggers and walkers gather to participate in the Cotton Brook Fun Run. Choose ½ mile, 1 mile, 2.2 miles or the ever challenging 5k. It is a great way to improve your overall strength and endurance. We meet below the gate in Cotton Brook every Tuesday at 5:15pm rain, snow, sleet or hail, but not during thunderstorms. Remember it's fun, it's fast and it's free! Contact Becky McGovern #253-2252.
All entrées served with milk, fruit and veggie bar
MAY 31 – turkey tacos, rice, salsa, sour cream, black bean & corn salsa
JUN 1 – Cabot grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup
JUN 2 – hamburgers/cheeseburgers, whole wheat bun, French fries
JUN 5 – macaroni & cheese, steamed broccoli
JUN 6 – homemade whole wheat pizza, Caesar salad
JUN 7 – nachos, rice, salsa & sour cream, black bean & corn salad
JUN 8 – chicken cutlet sandwich bar, French fries
JUN 9 – Italian dunkers, red or meat sauce, garden salad
JUN 7 – Golf @ States – Vermont National