· LifeSkills for Seniors is a fun information-filled seminar designed for the class of 2017, that will touch on topics relevant to your life after graduation. Speakers include a self-defense demo from Ernie and more. This event will take place TODAY Tuesday, May 30th and TOMORROW, Wednesday, May 31st from 8:30am until noon. Lunch and ice cream will be provided courtesy of Stowe Education Fund!
· All Band Members, the Memorial Day Parade is TODAY, Tuesday morning, May 30th! Please bring your instruments to school and be sure to wear your uniform: Black Pants, Shoes, Socks and the new Band Polo Shirt. Report to the Band Room at 8:45am.
· Memorial Day Parade will take place TODAY, Tuesday, May 30th at 10:00am. Band students need to report to the band room at 8:45am and will return back to the high school approximately at 11:45am. Please eat 2nd lunch.
· No Chorus TODAY, Tuesday, May 30th, report to SPP.
· Eco Week will start TODAY, Tuesday, May 30th – Turn of Lights Day, encouraging teachers not to use electricity in their classrooms. Wednesday, May 31st – Water Bottle Day, encouraging teachers and students to bring a reusable water bottle, the cafeteria will NOT be selling water bottles TOMORROW, Wednesday. Share the Throttle Thursday, June 1st – encouraging faculty and students to carpool to school. Fresh Food Friday, June 2nd encouraging faculty and students to bring fresh and organic food for lunch. Eco week is to help raise awareness for the environment by participating in Stowe High School's second Eco Week. There are prizes for the most enthusiastic participants each day and a $50 prize for the overall winner for the week. Send a picture of your participation to G. Eliasson or J. Segal to get entered to wind some great prizes!
· Attention seniors – "Salute to the Graduates" form must be turned into the office or emailed/dropped off to the Stowe Reporter TODAY, Tuesday, May 30th by 3:00pm.
· HS Band Exam is Thursday, June 8th and Friday, June 9th periods 3 & 4. The goal is to get the kids out of rehearsal asap and hopefully, they can attend part of, if not all of period 4.
· Attention seniors - There are extra Graduation Announcements available in the office for $1 a piece.
· Stowe Tennis Club is looking for a summer lifeguard. If you are interested please contact Adi Barnett at 802-793-1218.
· Fall Sports Registration is now open; please register on the school website. Deadline is Saturday, July 1st 2017.
· Community Service:
o Miles for Smiles, Sunday, June 4th 8:00 – 11:00am. Contact Stowe Rec. 253-6138.
o Volunteers needed for Bible Camp – Monday, June 19th thru Friday, June 23rd from 8:30am until noon. Contact Tom Silva email@example.com for more information or the register www.stowebiblecamp.org
o Stowe Vibrancy looking for volunteers for their July 4th festivities, see Charlene for times and more details.
o Volunteers needed for the Stowe Free Library book sale. Sale is Wednesday, July 5 – Monday, July 24th. Contact Bonnie Knight for more information and to set up hours. firstname.lastname@example.org
o Stowe Area Association is looking for volunteers to stuff envelopes for The Antique Car Show mailing. Students can come and work for a few hours and watch Netflix at the same time. Hours are Monday – Saturday 9 – 5 and Sundays 11 – 5. Students an even pick up the materials and bring it home to work on. Contact Ali or Zak at SAA 253-7321 or email@example.com
· Enrollment for the 2018 school trip to Italy and Austria has opened. Please see. Mr. Dornfried for registration details.
· Cotton Brook Fun Run – Come check it out! On Tuesdays through June 20th in Cotton Brook, runners, joggers and walkers gather to participate in the Cotton Brook Fun Run. Choose ½ mile, 1 mile, 2.2 miles or the ever challenging 5k. It is a great way to improve your overall strength and endurance. We meet below the gate in Cotton Brook every Tuesday at 5:15pm rain, snow, sleet or hail, but not during thunderstorms. Remember it's fun, it's fast and it's free! Contact Becky McGovern #253-2252.