· NO Band TODAY, Monday, May 1st periods 3 & 4, please report to SPP.
· Mandatory Band Rehearsal will take place TODAY, Monday, May 1st period 6B.
· Music Lessons – TODAY, Monday, May 1st A. Hamilton & C. Ellis period 7, H. Abramsohn period 8.
· Attention sophomores: The Plant Sale Orders are due TODAY, Monday, May 1st.
· The Annual Student Art Show starts Monday, May 1st – Saturday, May 27th. Opening reception in Monday, May 1st from 3:00 – 6:00pm. Come see what the many Art Students have created this year while enjoying snacks and Stowe Ice Cream!
· NO High School Band TOMORROW, Tuesday, May 2nd periods 3 & 4, please report to SPP.
· Stowe Middle School presents "Willy Wonka Jr." Performances are Thursday, May 4th - Friday May 5th at 7:00pm & Saturday, May 6th at 2:30pm. Tickets are available at the door $5/student, $10/adult & $20/family.
· The Animal Welfare Club is throwing an ice cream party competition for the TA that brings in the most Dog or Cat needs (food, treats, toys etc.) Deadline is Wednesday, May 10th.
· Come join the Stowe Mountain Bike Club for its spring trail work day, Saturday, May 13th from 9:00am – 2:00pm. Cookout and refreshments provided. Please see Roger Murphy with questions and to sign up.
· Stowe High School Yearbooks for the 2016 – 2017 school year are on sale now! Buy your yearbook on the Stowe High School website (bottom of the SHS webpage) or se Ms. Schafer for details…deadline is Wednesday, May 17th.
· The UVM Children's Hospital Type 1 Diabetes Advisory Council invites you to attend Living Well with diabetes in the Family: A Kibg /tune D'Moms Take. Presented by Moria McCarthy Stanford on Thursday, May 18 from 6:30 – 8:30pm in at UVM Medical Center Main Campus.
· Prom 2017 "Rustic Romance" will take place on Saturday, May 20th at the Rusty Nail from 7:30 – 10:30pm. Tickets are $25/single, $40/couple and seniors are free! If a senior would like to bring someone from a younger grade or another school a ticket will be $20. For tickets, please see Emmy, Colton, Valerie or Callie for ticket purchases.
· The Law Enforcement Torch 2017 that supports the Special Olympics will take place on Friday, June 10th at 1:00pm. A minimum donation of $20 gets you a T-shirt and allows you to run/walk the event if you feel inclined. To make a donation see Amy Marshall in the middle school or stop by the Town Clerk's office.
· Community Service:
o Stowe Area Association is looking for volunteers to stuff envelopes for The Antique Car Show mailing. Students can come and work for a few hours and watch Netflix at the same time. Hours are Monday – Saturday 9 – 5 and Sundays 11 – 5. Students an even pick up the materials and bring it home to work on. Contact Ali or Zak at SAA 253-7321 or firstname.lastname@example.org
o Volunteers needed with back-stage and front-of-the-house operations for the middle school production of "Willy Wonka Jr.". Help is needed for dress rehearsals Monday, May 1st – Wednesday, May 3rd and performances nights/afternoons Thursday, May 4th – Saturday, May 6th. Contact Meghan Reichelt in advance if interested #802-279-6974 or email@example.com
o Miles for Smiles, Sunday, June 4th 8:00 – 11:00am. Contact Stowe Rec. 253-6138.
o Volunteers needed for Spring Clean Up at Heartbeet Lifesharing in in Hardwick. Contact Laura MacDonald #802-595-2945.