· A representative from the US Marine Corps will be here on Thursday, April 27th during both lunches.
· · Attention sophomores: Plant Sale Orders are due on Friday, April 28th.
· The Annual Student Art Show runs Monday, May 1st – Saturday, May 27th. Opening reception in Monday, May 1st from 3:00 – 6:00pm. Come see what the many Art Students have created this year while enjoying snacks and Stowe Ice Cream!
· The Animal Welfare Club is throwing an ice cream party competition for the TA that brings in the most Dog or Cat needs (food, treats, toys etc.) Deadline is Wednesday, May 10th.
· Stowe High School Yearbooks for the 2016 – 2017 school year are on sale now! Buy your yearbook on the Stowe High School website (bottom of the SHS webpage) or se Ms. Schafer for details…deadline is Wednesday, May 17th.
· The UVM Children's Hospital Type 1 Diabetes Advisory Council invites you to attend Living Well with diabetes in the Family: A Kibg /tune D'Moms Take. Presented by Moria McCarthy Stanford on Thursday, May 18 from 6:30 – 8:30pm in at UVM Medical Center Main Campus.
· Prom 2017 "Rustic Romance" will take place on Saturday, May 20th at the Rusty Nail from 7:30 – 10:30pm. Tickets are $25/single, $40/couple and seniors are free! If a senior would like to bring someone from a younger grade or another school a ticket will be $20. For tickets, please see Emmy, Colton, Valerie or Callie for ticket purchases.
· The Law Enforcement Torch 2017 that supports the Special Olympics will take place on Friday, June 10th at 1:00pm. A minimum donation of $20 gets you a T-shirt and allows you to run/walk the event if you feel inclined. To make a donation see Amy Marshall in the middle school or stop by the Town Clerk's office.
· Community Service:
· Miles for Smiles, Sunday, June 4th 8:00 – 11:00am. Contact Stowe Rec. 253-6138.
· Volunteers needed for Spring Clean Up at Heartbeet Lifesharing in in Hardwick. Contact Laura MacDonald #802-595-2945.
· Cotton Brook Fun Run – Come check it out! On Tuesdays from April 25th through June 20th in Cotton Brook, runners, joggers and walkers gather to participate in the Cotton Brook Fun Run. Choose ½ mile, 1 mile, 2.2 miles or the ever challenging 5k. It is a great way to improve your overall strength and endurance. We meet below the gate in Cotton Brook every Tuesday at 5:15pm rain, snow, sleet or hail, but not during thunderstorms. Remember it's fun, it's fast and it's free! Contact Becky McGovern #253-2252.
· Global Children's Club is now collecting hats that will be distributed to cancer patients at local hospitals. All types and styles of hats will be accepted. There is a box outside the HS office for donations
· Haven't bought a calendar yet this year? Buy your 2017 SHS Photography Club Calendar with all photos taken by students and club members. $15 each and all proceeds go to further funding for the arts here at Stowe High School. Order forms in the office, checks made out to Stowe High School. If you have any questions contact Isa, Connor North, or Mr. Marineau