· Prom 2017 "Rustic Romance" will take place on Saturday, May 20th at the Rusty Nail from 7:30 – 10:30pm. Tickets are $25/single, $40/couple and seniors are free! If a senior would like to bring someone from a younger grade or another school a ticket will be $20. For tickets, please see Emmy, Colton, Valerie or Callie for ticket purchases.
· SENIORS – Please go to TA on Tuesday, April 25th to complete a paper survey for the Parent Teacher Team. In the past, we have used some of your ideas to make improvements at SHS. Additionally, there will be discussion sessions during TA on Tuesday, May 16th about data from you surveys.
· NO Band on Monday, April 24th 3rd or 4th period, please report to SPP, 3rd period in Roger's room and 4th period with K. Schnee in the lecture section.
· Jazz Band will meet on Tuesday, April 25th during block 8.
· Golf Scholarships available for Junior Golfers – Golf scholarships are available for area students, 10 years and older. For over ten years, the Stowe Junior Golf Program has awarded season memberships to the Stowe Country Club. Applications are available online at www.kirkwoodgolftournement.com. The applicant must submit an essay and must be sponsored by an adult. Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, April 26th. The Kirkwood Junior Golf Committee will award the scholarships by mid-May.
· A representative from the US Marine Corps will be here on Thursday, April 27th during both lunches.
· Cotton Brook Fun Run – Come check it out! Every Tuesday from August 26th through late October in Cotton Brook, runners, joggers and walkers gather to participate in the Cotton Brook Fun Run. Choose ½ mile, 1 mile, 2.2 miles or the ever challenging 5k. It is a great way to improve your overall strength and endurance. We meet below the gate in Cotton Brook every Tuesday at 5:15pm rain, snow, sleet or hail, but not during thunderstorms. Remember it's fun, it's fast and it's free! Contact Becky McGovern #253-2252.
· Community Service:
· Easter Egg Hunt – TOMORROW, Saturday, April 15th 10:00 – 11:30am
· Spring Vacation Camp Monday, April 17th – 21st – Varies Programs 8:00am – 5:30pm
· Miles for Smiles, Sunday, June 4th 8:00 – 11:00am
· Volunteers needed for Spring Clean Up at Heartbeet Lifesharing in in Hardwick. Contact Laura MacDonald #802-595-2945.
· National Honor Society is currently running a pledge drive to support CLiF (Children's Literacy Foundation). CLiF is a non-profit organization devoted to nurturing a love of reading and writing among low-income, at risk, and rural children in Vermont and New Hampshire. See a NHS member to learn more and make your pledge of either $5 or $10.
· Global Children's Club is now collecting hats that will be distributed to cancer patients at local hospitals. All types and styles of hats will be accepted. There is a box outside the HS office for donations
· Haven't bought a calendar yet this year? Buy your 2017 SHS Photography Club Calendar with all photos taken by students and club members. $15 each and all proceeds go to further funding for the arts here at Stowe High School. Order forms in the office, checks made out to Stowe High School. If you have any questions contact Mr. Marineau