· Prom 2017 "Rustic Romance" will take place on Saturday, May 20th at the Rusty Nail from 7:30 – 10:30pm. Tickets are $25/single, $40/couple and seniors are free! If a senior would like to bring someone from a younger grade or another school a ticket will be $20. Ticket sales start TODAY, Monday, April 10th. Please see Emmy, Colon, Valerie or Callie for ticket purchases.
· Dinner and a Show – On Tuesday, April 11th at 6:00pm Stowe Middle & High School students invite all community members, business owners and parents to a dinner theater presentation about the strengths, challenges, concerns and pressures they face daily in their school and community. Our students invite you to improve our town with action and proactive thinking. Free Dinner and Free Child Care provided! Registration REQUIRED at www.eventbrite.com
· Jazz Band will meet on Wednesday, April 12th during block 7.
· SENIORS – Please go to TA on Tuesday, April 25th to complete a paper survey for the Parent Teacher Team. In the past, we have used some of your ideas to make improvements at SHS. Additionally, there will be discussion sessions during TA on Tuesday, May 16th about data from you surveys.
· Community Service:
Stowe Parks and Recreation volunteer opportunities #253-6138
o 2 volunteers needed to provide childcare for a few children at the "Dinner and a Show" Tuesday evening from 6 – 8pm. Free dinner is included. Please see Marianna or Charlene to sign up. This is a quick and easy way to get some community service hours for anyone who enjoys kids.
o Easter Egg Hunt – Saturday, April 15th 10:00 – 11:30am
o Spring Vacation Camp Monday, April 17th – 21st – Varies Programs 8:00am – 5:30pm
o Miles for Smiles, Sunday, June 4th 8:00 – 11:00am
o Volunteers needed for Spring Clean Up at Heartbeet Lifesharing in in Hardwick. Contact Laura MacDonald #802-595-2945.
· Golf Scholarships available for Junior Golfers – Golf scholarships are available for area students, 10 years and older. For over ten years, the Stowe Junior Golf Program has awarded season memberships to the Stowe Country Club. Applications are available online at www.kirkwoodgolftournement.com
· A representative from the US Marine Corps will be here on Thursday, April 27th during both lunches.
· National Honor Society is currently running a pledge drive to support CLiF (Children's Literacy Foundation). CLiF is a non-profit organization devoted to nurturing a love of reading and writing among low-income, at risk, and rural children in Vermont and New Hampshire. See a NHS member to learn more and make your pledge of either $5 or $10.
· Global Children's Club is now collecting hats that will be distributed to cancer patients at local hospitals. All types and styles of hats will be accepted. There is a box outside the HS office for donations
· Haven't bought a calendar yet this year? Buy your 2017 SHS Photography Club Calendar with all photos taken by students and club members. $15 each and all proceeds go to further funding for the arts here at Stowe High School. Order forms in the office, checks made out to Stowe High School. If you have any questions contact Isa, Connor North, or Mr. Marineau