· An admissions representative from Savannah School of Art and Design will be in the guidance conference area TODAY, Friday, April 7th at 9:20am.
· SEF Community Night Out: Just a fun night out to support our students! On Friday, April 7th at the Rusty Nail. Dancing with DJ Rekkon. $50 per person in advance. Tickets on sale now at www.stoweeducationfund.org.
· Dinner and a Show – On Tuesday, April 11th at 6:00pm Stowe Middle & High School students invite all community members, business owners and parents to a dinner theater presentation about the strengths, challenges, concerns and pressures they face daily in their school and community. Our students invite you to improve our town with action and proactive thinking. Free Dinner and Free Child Care provided! Registration REQUIRED at www.eventbrite.com
· Jazz Band will meet on Wednesday, April 12th during block 7.
· Community Service:
o Kid's Night Out – TODAY, Friday, April 7th 5:30 – 10:30pm, contact Stowe Rec. #253-6138
o Easter Egg Hunt – Saturday, April 15th 9:30 – 11:30am, contact Stowe Rec.
o Volunteers needed for Spring Clean Up at Heartbeet Lifesharing in in Hardwick. Contact Laura MacDonald #802-595-2945.
· Golf Scholarships available for Junior Golfers – Golf scholarships are available for area students, 10 years and older. For over ten years, the Stowe Junior Golf Program has awarded season memberships to the Stowe Country Club. Applications are available online at www.kirkwoodgolftournement.com. The applicant must submit an essay and must be sponsored by an adult. Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, April 26th. The Kirkwood Junior Golf Committee will award the scholarships by mid-May.
· A representative from the US Marine Corps will be here on Thursday, April 27th during both lunches.
· National Honor Society is currently running a pledge drive to support CLiF (Children's Literacy Foundation). CLiF is a non-profit organization devoted to nurturing a love of reading and writing among low-income, at risk, and rural children in Vermont and New Hampshire. See a NHS member to learn more and make your pledge of either $5 or $10.
· Global Children's Club is now collecting hats that will be distributed to cancer patients at local hospitals. All types and styles of hats will be accepted. There is a box outside the HS office for donations
· Haven't bought a calendar yet this year? Buy your 2017 SHS Photography Club Calendar with all photos taken by students and club members. $15 each and all proceeds go to further funding for the arts here at Stowe High School. Order forms in the office, checks made out to Stowe High School. If you have any questions contact Isa, Connor North, or Mr. Marineau