· Prom 2017 "Rustic Romance" will take place on Saturday, May 20th at the Rusty Nail from 7:30 – 10:30pm. Tickets are $25/single, $40/couple and seniors are free! If a senior would like to bring someone from a younger grade or another school a ticket will be $20. For tickets, please see Emmy, Colton, Valerie or Callie for ticket purchases.
· SENIORS – Please go to TA on Tuesday, April 25th to complete a paper survey for the Parent Teacher Team. In the past, we have used some of your ideas to make improvements at SHS. Additionally, there will be discussion sessions during TA on Tuesday, May 16th about data from you surveys.
· Jazz Band will meet on Tuesday, April 25th during block 8.
· Cotton Brook Fun Run – Come check it out! Starting Tuesday from April 25th through June 20th in Cotton Brook, runners, joggers and walkers gather to participate in the Cotton Brook Fun Run. Choose ½ mile, 1 mile, 2.2 miles or the ever challenging 5k. It is a great way to improve your overall strength and endurance. We meet below the gate in Cotton Brook every Tuesday at 5:15pm rain, snow, sleet or hail, but not during thunderstorms. Remember it's fun, it's fast and it's free! Contact Becky McGovern #253-2252.
· Golf Scholarships available for Junior Golfers – Golf scholarships are available for area students, 10 years and older. For over ten years, the Stowe Junior Golf Program has awarded season memberships to the Stowe Country Club. Applications are available online at www.kirkwoodgolftournement.com. The applicant must submit an essay and must be sponsored by an adult. Applications will be accepted until this Wednesday, April 26th. The Kirkwood Junior Golf Committee will award the scholarships by mid-May.
· A representative from the US Marine Corps will be here on Thursday, April 27th during both lunches.
· The Annual Student Art Show runs Monday, May 1st – Saturday, May 27th. Opening reception in Monday, May 1st from 3:00 – 6:00pm. Come see what the many Art Students have created this year while enjoying snacks and Stowe Ice Cream!
· The UVM Children's Hospital Type 1 Diabetes Advisory Council invites you to attend Living Well with diabetes in the Family: A Kibg /tune D'Moms Take. Presented by Moria McCarthy Stanford on Thursday, May 18 from 6:30 – 8:30pm in at UVM Medical Center Main Campus.
· Community Service:
· Miles for Smiles, Sunday, June 4th 8:00 – 11:00am. Contact Stowe Rec. 253-6138.
· Volunteers needed for Spring Clean Up at Heartbeet Lifesharing in in Hardwick. Contact Laura MacDonald #802-595-2945.
· Global Children's Club is now collecting hats that will be distributed to cancer patients at local hospitals. All types and styles of hats will be accepted. There is a box outside the HS office for donations
· Haven't bought a calendar yet this year? Buy your 2017 SHS Photography Club Calendar with all photos taken by students and club members. $15 each and all proceeds go to further funding for the arts here at Stowe High School. Order forms in the office, checks made out to Stowe High School. If you have any questions contact Isa, Connor North, or Mr. Marineau