· Enrollment for the 2018 school trip to Italy and Austria has opened. Please see. Mr. Dornfried for registration details.
· Students for community change are having a fundraiser for the Clarina Howard Nichols Center. For each boutonniere or corsage purchased at Uncle George's Flower Shop, one dollar will be donated to the Center.
· Stowe Middle School presents "Willy Wonka Jr." Performances are TODAY, Friday May 5th at 7:00pm & Saturday, May 6th at 2:30pm. Tickets are available at the door $5/student, $10/adult & $20/family.
· NO Chorus TODAY, Friday, May 5th periods 3 & 4, please report to SPP.
· Stowe Refugee Outreach Club (R.O.C.) is hosting a guest speaker on Saturday, May 6th! Adelit Rukomangana is a Rwandan Refugee and will be sharing his story at 2:00pm at the Mt. Mansfield Ski Club. Please contact Rachel Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Hope to see you there!
· Mandatory Omni Group in the auditorium periods 3 & 4.
· Mandatory Full Chorus Rehearsal – Tuesday, May 9th Block 4.
· Jazz Band will take place on Wednesday, May 10th Block 1.
· Mandatory Full Band – Wednesday, May 10th Block 3.
· The Animal Welfare Club is throwing an ice cream party competition for the TA that brings in the most Dog or Cat needs (food, treats, toys etc.) Deadline is Wednesday, May 10th.
· Come join the Stowe Mountain Bike Club for its spring trail work day, Saturday, May 13th from 9:00am – 2:00pm. Cookout and refreshments provided. Please see Roger Murphy with questions and to sign up.
· Stowe High School Yearbooks for the 2016 – 2017 school year are on sale now! Buy your yearbook on the Stowe High School website (bottom of the SHS webpage) or se Ms. Schafer for details…deadline is Wednesday, May 17th.
· Band and Chorus Spring Concert will take place on Thursday, May 18th at Spruce Peak Performing Art Center at 7:00pm.
· Amy's Artistic Floral will make your wrist Corsages for $25 and Boutonnieres for $10 for Prom. Amy uses roses or orchids, call or text Amy at 802-595-3751. The orders will be picked up on Friday, May 19th.
· Prom 2017 "Rustic Romance" will take place on Saturday, May 20th at the Rusty Nail from 7:30 – 10:30pm. Tickets are $25/single, $40/couple and seniors are free! If a senior would like to bring someone from a younger grade or another school a ticket will be $20. For tickets, please see Emmy, Colton, Valerie or Callie for ticket purchases.
· Attention seniors – "Salute to the Graduates" form must be turned into the office or emailed/dropped off to the Stowe Reporter no later than Friday, May 26th.
· The Annual Student Art Show at the Helen Day Art Center will run through Saturday, May 27th.
· The Law Enforcement Torch 2017 that supports the Special Olympics will take place on Friday, June 10th at 1:00pm. A minimum donation of $20 gets you a T-shirt and allows you to run/walk the event if you feel inclined. To make a donation see Amy Marshall in the middle school or stop by the Town Clerk's office.
· Community Service:
o Green Up Day – Saturday, May 6th meet at the Sunset Grille between 8:00 & 9:00am.
o Kid's Night Out – Friday, May 12th, 5:30 – 10:30pm, contact Stowe Rec. 253-6138.
o Volunteers needed for Bike Safety Day – Saturday, May 20th; 11:00am – 1:00pm, contact Stowe Rec.
o Stowe Area Association is looking for volunteers to stuff envelopes for The Antique Car Show mailing. Students can come and work for a few hours and watch Netflix at the same time. Hours are Monday – Saturday 9 – 5 and Sundays 11 – 5. Students an even pick up the materials and bring it home to work on. Contact Ali or Zak at SAA 253-7321 or email@example.com
o Miles for Smiles, Sunday, June 4th 8:00 – 11:00am. Contact Stowe Rec. 253-6138.
o Volunteers needed for the Stowe Free Library book sale. Sale is Wednesday, July 5 – Monday, July 24th. Contact Bonnie Knight for more information and to set up hours. firstname.lastname@example.org