· A representative from the US Marine Corps will be in the cafeteria on Thursday, May 25th during both lunches.
· Marching Practice IS CANCELED on Thursday, May 25th during 6B & 7 periods.
· There IS Chorus on Friday, May 26th, periods 3 & 4.
· Attention seniors – "Salute to the Graduates" form must be turned into the office or emailed/dropped off to the Stowe Reporter by on Friday, May 26th.
· Refugee Outreach Club is teaming up with Stowe R.O.C. to host a school supplies drive running through on Friday, May 26th. Please bring in new or gently used backpacks, binders, pens, pencils, notebooks and erasers to the lobby in the high school. All donations will be going to organizations with a mission to provide for New American Families in local Vermont Communities.
· The Annual Student Art Show at the Helen Day Art Center will run through Saturday, May 27th.
· Memorial Day Parade will take place on Tuesday, May 30th at 10:00am. Band students need to report to the band room at 8:45am and will return back to the high school approximately at 11:45am. Please eat 2nd lunch.
· LifeSkills for Seniors is a fun information-filled seminar designed for the class of 2017, that will touch on topics relevant to your life after graduation.. Speakers include a self-defense demo from Ernie and more. This event will take place on Tuesday, May 30th and Wednesday, May 31st from 8:30am until noon. Lunch and ice cream will be provided courtesy of Stowe Education Fund!
· HS Band Exam is Thursday, June 8th and Friday, June 9th periods 3 & 4. The goal is to get the kids out of rehearsal asap and hopefully, they can attend part of, if not all of period 4.
· Attention seniors - There are extra Graduation Announcements available in the office for $1 a piece.
· Stowe Tennis Club is looking for a summer lifeguard. If you are interested please contact Adi Barnett at 802-793-1218.
· Fall Sports Registration is now open; please register on the school website. Deadline is Saturday, July 1st 2017.
· Community Service:
o Miles for Smiles, Sunday, June 4th 8:00 – 11:00am. Contact Stowe Rec. 253-6138.
o Volunteers needed for Bible Camp – Monday, June 19th thru Friday, June 23rd from 8:30am until noon. Contact Tom Silva firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or the register www.stowebiblecamp.org
o Stowe Vibrancy looking for volunteers for their July 4th festivities, see Charlene for times and more details.
o Volunteers needed for the Stowe Free Library book sale. Sale is Wednesday, July 5 – Monday, July 24th. Contact Bonnie Knight for more information and to set up hours. email@example.com
o Stowe Area Association is looking for volunteers to stuff envelopes for The Antique Car Show mailing. Students can come and work for a few hours and watch Netflix at the same time. Hours are Monday – Saturday 9 – 5 and Sundays 11 – 5. Students an even pick up the materials and bring it home to work on. Contact Ali or Zak at SAA 253-7321 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Enrollment for the 2018 school trip to Italy and Austria has opened. Please see. Mr. Dornfried for registration details.
· Cotton Brook Fun Run – Come check it out! On Tuesdays through June 20th in Cotton Brook, runners, joggers and walkers gather to participate in the Cotton Brook Fun Run. Choose ½ mile, 1 mile, 2.2 miles or the ever challenging 5k. It is a great way to improve your overall strength and endurance. We meet below the gate in Cotton Brook every Tuesday at 5:15pm rain, snow, sleet or hail, but not during thunderstorms. Remember it's fun, it's fast and it's free! Contact Becky McGovern #253-2252.