· Jazz Band will take place on Wednesday, November 30 during block 3, Chorus will take place (9:53-10:35) with Ms. Gibbs, & Band (10:35-11:15) with Ms. Gibbs.
· Macey Crowder, a 5th grade student at Stowe Elementary School is doing a fundraiser called "Hope for Haiti" to raise money to help people affected by the hurricane. If you would like to contribute money to Hope for Haiti" (the money will go to Partners in Health) the money will be collected in the high school office. Macey will be picking up the donations at the end of the day on Thursday, December 1st.
· There are extra wreaths leftover from the 6th grade fundraiser $25 for a decorated wreath. See Charlene if interested.
· Nurse Janet Godin will be conducting Eye Exams for grades 9 and 11. If you have a free period, stop by and see Janet.
· Community Service:
o A Traditional Christmas in Stowe – Stowe Vibrancy is looking for volunteers on Saturday, December 3rd, setting up the Alpine Market at SES, decorating Santa's sleigh, meeting and greeting at Stowe Area Association. See Charlene for more details and to sign up.
· HELP NEEDED WITH THE FRIDAY SKI & SNOWBOARD PROGRAM – Looking for more volunteers to help with the Friday Afternoon Ski and Snowboard Program groups. Whether you can commit to certain days or can be on the substitute list, we need more volunteers to keep the group sizes small (4 – 6 kids per group). Requirements – Attend a mandatory 1-day safety clinic on either December 17th or 18th. You will receive a day pass validated on the Fridays that you attend and a 1-day lift ticket voucher that can be used Sunday – Friday with the exception of some blackout dates and is transferable for family and friends. Program dates are January 6, 13, 20, 27, February 10, 17, and March 10, 17. Please email or call Dot at 253-4154 email@example.com to receive more information.
· Refugee Outreach Club is hosting a winter clothing drive through the month of November until Friday, December 16th. Please donate new or gently used winter coats, hats mittens, boots and any other warm clothing. Donation bins are located in the HS lobby as well as the SES lobby. All donations will be going to the Vermont Refugee Resettlement Program and other organizations with a mission to provide for local New American communities in Vermont.
· The 2017 Ella Skye Art Calendar is here! There are so many ways to grab one before they sell out…on the web at www.ellaskyeart.com, Black Cap Coffee or Bear Pond Books in Stowe. You can also email Ella's mom at firstname.lastname@example.org and have it delivered right to the high school. Calendars are $15.95 ($16.60 w/tax) 10% of all calendars sold support Heartbeet Lifesharing in Hardwick. Support local art, autism awareness and Heartbeet all at the same time!
· Attention students: Friday Program registration forms and applicable waivers must be signed by a parent and returned with any fees in the high school office as soon as possible!
· HUNO Club is collecting non-perishable food for the local Food Shelf. The goal is 50 items per TA. This food drive will run the month of November. The TA in each grade that brings in the most items will be rewarded a Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream party!
· The Ultimate Frisbee Club is now selling Stowe Raider Frisbee's for $15. See Roger to purchase.
· Students can now upload photos from their mobile devices to be put into the yearbook through an app called "Replay It". It is available for free online. Yearbook club is looking for sports pictures, homecoming pictures, spirit week pictures and any candid's you wish to be seen in the yearbook.
All entrées served with milk, fruit and veggie bar
NOV 28 – teriyaki chicken, Lo Mein noodles, stir fried veggies
NOV 29 – homemade whole wheat pizza, Caesar salad
NOV 30 – beef enchiladas, seasoned rice, salsa, sour cream, black bean & corn salad
NOV 29 – Girls' Ice Hockey vs. Rice – Scrimmage; 6:45
NOV 30 – Boys' Ice Hockey vs. St. Johnsbury – Scrimmage; 6:15
DEC 1 – Boys' Ice Hockey @ Colchester – Scrimmage; 4:40, bus leave 2:45 from the HS
DEC 2 – Boys' Basketball @ Lamoille – Scrimmage JV 5:30, V 7:00
Girls' Basketball vs. Lamoille – Scrimmage; 7:00
DEC 3 – Girls' Ice Hockey vs. Woodstock; 6:30
DEC 5 – Boys' Varsity Basketball vs. Websterville Baptist; 6:00