STOWE HIGH SCHOOL
Monday, November 7, 2016
teacher on duty – John Kennedy
· Starting this week Nurse Janet Godin will be conducting Eye Exams for grades 9 and 11. If you have a free period, stop by and see Janet.
· · HUNO Club is collecting non-perishable food for the local Food Shelf. The goal is 50 items per TA. This food drive will run the month of November. The TA in each grade that brings in the most items will be rewarded a Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream party! Bring in items for TOMORROW'S TA!
· Jazz Band will take place TOMORROW, Tuesday, November 8th during block 6B.
· Do you want to work the polls on Election Day? The Assistant Town Clerks Megan Gregory & Lisa Walker are looking for Stowe residents 16 years old or older to work the polls TOMORROW, Tuesday, November 8th for the following shifts. 7:00am – 10:00am, 10:00am – 1:00pm, 1:00pm – 4:00pm or 4:00pm – 7:00pm. To work during school hours you need to have a study hall or open campus and written permission from a parent. This will count for Community Service. Call 253-6133
· Clubs will meet on Wednesday, November 9th during TA time.
· The SMHS Chinese program is hosting the second annual Play it Again Stowe gear swap on Friday, November 11th from 11:00am to 5:00pm in the SMHS cafeteria. Donate your used sport gear – all sports and all ages are welcome – at our drop of location in the main office. Then come shop the selection to get gear at low prices on November 11th! All proceeds support Chinese language and & culture field trips for Stowe students.
· The Stowe Gear Online Stowe is open with some new items added. The deadline to order is Sunday, November 13th. And no late orders are accepted. The gear will arrive at the high school before the holiday break. http://stowehswinter2016.itemorder.com Go Raiders!!
· There will be a Nordic Informational Meeting on Tuesday, November 15th at 3:00pm in the auditorium for all athletes interested in being on the Nordic Team. If you cannot make the meeting please email Carol Van Dyke email@example.com
· A Turkey on Every Table: Nobody should go hungry, especially at the holidays. The Stowe Schools in partnership with the Blessed Sacrament Church, Stowe Community Church and the Lamoille Family Center are collecting food to feed 30 families. Please help us by taking a feather at one of the schools and returning the item listed to that same location by Thursday, November 17th. We have collection boxes and freezer space available for storage at each school. Please give gift cards to the front office to hold. Your generosity is affording every family the opportunity to have a warm and hearty Thanksgiving together. We sincerely thank for sharing some love.
· All Music Students will be out from 10:30am – 2:30pm (periods 4 – 8) on Thursday, November 17th for their dress rehearsal at SPPAC for their performance that evening. Concert begins at 7:00apm. Over 100 students form MS and HS will be performing!
· Come support the High School Musical "Urinetown" on Friday, November 18th at 7:00pm, Saturday, November 19th at 2:00pm and 7:00pm and on Sunday, November 20th at 2:00pm. Tickets are $ 10/adults and $7/students 14 and under.
· Attention students: Friday Program registration forms and applicable waivers must be signed by a parent and returned with any fees in the high school office as soon as possible!
· Harwood Strong Bracelets for sale $2. See Callie W. to purchase, all proceeds will go to the Mad River Valley Community Fund.
· Community Service:
o Volunteer Work Day at Cady Hill Forest on Friday, November 11th for more details http://www.stowelandtrust.org/events/detail/news/volunteer-invasive-plant-work-day/
o Support our local veterans and community members by volunteering at the 3rd Annual Free Veteran's Day Community Breakfast at Stowe Community Church on Friday, November 11th. Signup sheet in the high school office.
o Kid's Night Out – Friday, November 18th from 5:30 – 10:30pm. Contact Stowe Rec 253-6138.
· Sports Registration for Winter Sports is now open – go to the NEW website www.stoweschoolsvt.com, at the top of the page click on Our Schools, go to Stowe High, click on School links, then to SHS Athletics, then click on Register for Sports online.
· The Ultimate Frisbee Club is now selling Stowe Raider Frisbee's for $15. See Roger to purchase.
· Students can now upload photos from their mobile devices to be put into the yearbook through an app called "Replay It". It is available for free online. Yearbook club is looking for sports pictures, homecoming pictures, spirit week pictures and any candid's you wish to be seen in the yearbook.
All entrées served with milk, fruit and veggie bar
NOV 7 – whole wheat spaghetti, red or meat sauce, ratatouille
NOV 8 – homemade whole wheat pizza, Caesar salad
NOV 9 – turkey tacos, rice, salsa, sour cream, black bean & corn salad
NOV 10 – hamburger/cheeseburger whole wheat bun, French fries
NOV 14 – meatloaf, whole wheat roll, mashed potato
NOV 15 – homemade whole wheat pizza, Caesar salad
NOV 16 – Thanksgiving Lunch
NOV 17 – beef or bean nacho's, cheese sauce, rice, salsa, sour cream, black bean salald
NOV 18 – BBQ pork sandwich, whole wheat bun, coleslaw, sweet potato fries
NOV 21 – Breakfast for Lunch – French toast, home fries
NOV 22 – homemade whole wheat pizza, Caesar salad
NOV 12 – Cross Country @ New England's