· Clubs will meet on Wednesday, February 8th during TA time.
· Jazz Band will meet on Wednesday, February 8th block 3 – Band and Chorus report to SPP with Roger Murphy I his classroom.
· Friday Program this week, periods 5 – 8.
· Attention seniors – VSAC Scholarships for Vermonters booklets are in the guidance office. Students can apply for VSAC scholarships for which they meet all eligibility requirements. Application deadline in Friday, March 3rd. Booklets are available in guidance and in the high school office.
· Any female tennis player looking to join a group lesson at Topnotch in the early spring, please see Samantha Gentle to sign up.
· Community Service:
o Kids' Night Out-Glow Party – Friday, February 17th from 5:30 – 10:30pm. Contact Stowe Rec. to volunteer #253-6138.
o Work the Polls – Town Meeting Day Tuesday, March 7th, there is several positions to help out with! You must be 16 years old to volunteer. Contact the Town Clerk's Office #253-6133.
o The Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center is looking for student volunteers. We look for positive and engaging people to help with putting up poster in our area, usher events, act as lobby greeters and more. For more information contact Derek Pedersen at or call the box office at 802-760-4634.
· Stowe High School is seeking host families for next year's exchange students from China. Families may host for one semester of for the full year. Each family will attend training with Ms. Harris before hosting and will receive a monthly stipend. Contact Ms. Harris for details at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Stowe Education Fund Update – please open the attached letter from Stowe Education fund on their plans and goals for the year ahead. We here at Stowe High School are grateful for the on-going support of everyone involved with SEF. Together, we work to improve our schools. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BytzzKBrXCK_aXhvUGtSR0FnYVU
· Parents and Guardians of the Class of 2017 – It's the time of year that the Yearbook Committee and the Class of 2017 request your contributions to this year's yearbook. Click on the attached link for the form regarding yearbook advertisement sizes and prices. We greatly appreciate your contributions. Thank you! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oW80Ubgmv4YydyjB366CJTX98McXPk-3W8uOCkMGwUw/edit
· The fitness room will be chaperoned and open to all students on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 – 5:00pm throughout the month of January. If we have enough interest we will continue to open the room for the remainder of the year.
· Nurse Janet Godin will be conducting Eye Exams for grades 9 and 11. If you have a free period, stop by and see Janet.
· The Ultimate Frisbee Club is now selling Stowe Raider Frisbee's for $15. See Roger to purchase.
· Students can now upload photos from their mobile devices to be put into the yearbook through an app called "Replay It". It is available for free online. Yearbook club is looking for sports pictures, homecoming pictures, spirit week pictures and any candid's you wish to be seen in the yearbook.