· Attention sophomores who drive – Please park out back or on the side of the building, do not take the parking spaces out front.
· Clubs will meet on Wednesday, February 22nd during TA time.
· All athletes interested in playing Spring Sports (Boys' & Girls' Lacrosse, Boys & Girls Tennis, Golf, Peoples Academy Baseball, Softball and Track) should sign up on the athletic website at www.stoweschoolvt.com for more information see Joanna Graves. Deadline to signup is Friday, February 24th. This is important to signup, to receive emails and practice schedules from the spring coaches.
· Attention seniors – VSAC Scholarships for Vermonters booklets are in the guidance office. Students can apply for VSAC scholarships for which they meet all eligibility requirements. Application deadline in Friday, March 3rd. Booklets are available in guidance and in the high school office.
· Attention seniors – Rotary Scholarship applications are due on Friday, March 3rd at 3:00pm.
· "If I Could Have a Do-Over" Presentation by John Halligan: John Halligan's son Ryan was bullied by classmates at school and online, as a result of his pain died by suicide on October 7, 2003. He was only 13 years old. Halligan's presentation will cover the lessons learned too late for his family regarding how to deal with bullying, cyberbullying and teen depression. Parents will be empowered with strategies and take preventative actions with their own children. Please contact Lauren Conti with any questions at 253-6913 ext. 2318. Please click HERE if you are interested in this opportunity. To learn more about John Halligan's presentation please visit his website.
o TUESDAY, March 21st from 6:30-8:00pm Stowe Middle High School Auditorium
o Light refreshments will be provided.
o Student presentations will be held Wednesday, March 22nd.
· The Stowe Derby will take place on Sunday, February 26th! Register for the Kids Course, Long Course, Fat Bike or Meister at www.skireg.com Register by Monday, February 20th for the best discount.
· Global Children's Club is now collecting hats that will be distributed to cancer patients at local hospitals. All types and styles of hats will be accepted. There is a box outside the HS office for donations.
· Stick work for Girls' Lacrosse will every Sunday from 4:00 – 5:00pm. Eye protection and mouth guards are required. This is not mandatory! Fun with music.
· Any female tennis player looking to join a group lesson at Topnotch in the early spring, please see Samantha Gentle to sign up.
· Community Service:
o Work the Polls – Town Meeting Day Tuesday, March 7th, there is several positions to help out with! You must be 16 years old to volunteer. Contact the Town Clerk's Office #253-6133.
o March Ride & Roll in the SES gymnasium on Saturday, March 11th 3:30 – 5:30pm. Children will be riding their bikes, trikes and scooters, to assist with volunteering contact Nicole 253-4321.
o Kid's Night Out – Friday, March 17th 5:30 – 10:3-, contact Stowe Rec. 253-6138.
o The Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center is looking for student volunteers. We look for positive and engaging people to help with putting up poster in our area, usher events, act as lobby greeters and more. For more information contact Derek Pedersen at or call the box office at 802-760-4634.
· The school board has chosen to participate in the Winooski Valley Union Public School Choice Program for the 2017-2018 school year. In this program students may apply to go to a high school other than the one in their own school district at no cost. Students are then chosen by lottery from all the applicants for each school district based on the number of open slots. Parents are responsible for providing their student's transportation. For more information and registration forms visit the high school website and click on the School Choice Forms. Deadline to apply is Friday, February 24th.
· Stowe High School is seeking host families for next year's exchange students from China. Families may host for one semester of for the full year. Each family will attend training with Ms. Harris before hosting and will receive a monthly stipend. Contact Ms. Harris for details at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Parents and Guardians of the Class of 2017 – It's the time of year that the Yearbook Committee and the Class of 2017 request your contributions to this year's yearbook. Click on the attached link for the form regarding yearbook advertisement sizes and prices. We greatly appreciate your contributions. Thank you! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oW80Ubgmv4YydyjB366CJTX98McXPk-3W8uOCkMGwUw/edit
· The fitness room will be chaperoned and open to all students on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 – 5:00pm throughout the month of January. If we have enough interest we will continue to open the room for the remainder of the year.
· Nurse Janet Godin will be conducting Eye Exams for grades 9 and 11. If you have a free period, stop by and see Janet.
· The Ultimate Frisbee Club is now selling Stowe Raider Frisbee's for $15. See Roger to purchase.
· Students can now upload photos from their mobile devices to be put into the yearbook through an app called "Replay It". It is available for free online. Yearbook club is looking for sports pictures, homecoming pictures, spirit week pictures and any candid's you wish to be seen in the yearbook.