STOWE HIGH SCHOOL
Wednesday, February 1, 2017
teacher on duty – Anastasia Schafer
· Early release for all students will take place on Thursday, February 2nd. Students will be dismissed at 11:45. Lunch will be available. Students who take the Wolcott bus home can be dropped off between Stowe and Wolcott on RT 100 and 15. Students who go to Wolcott Elementary need to be picked up by 12:15. We will follow an abbreviated period 1 – 4 schedule.
· Community Service:
o Kids' Night Out-Glow Party – Friday, February 17th from 5:30 – 10:30pm. Contact Stowe Rec. to volunteer #253-6138.
o The Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center is looking for student volunteers. We look for positive and engaging people to help with putting up poster in our area, usher events, act as lobby greeters and more. For more information contact Derek Pedersen at or call the box office at 802-760-4634.
· Stowe High School is seeking host families for next year's exchange students from China. Families may host for one semester of for the full year. Each family will attend training with Ms. Harris before hosting and will receive a monthly stipend. Contact Ms. Harris for details at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Stowe Education Fund Update – please open the attached letter from Stowe Education fund on their plans and goals for the year ahead. We here at Stowe High School are grateful for the on-going support of everyone involved with SEF. Together, we work to improve our schools. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BytzzKBrXCK_aXhvUGtSR0FnYVU
· Parents and Guardians of the Class of 2017 – It's the time of year that the Yearbook Committee and the Class of 2017 request your contributions to this year's yearbook. Click on the attached link for the form regarding yearbook advertisement sizes and prices. We greatly appreciate your contributions. Thank you! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oW80Ubgmv4YydyjB366CJTX98McXPk-3W8uOCkMGwUw/edit
· The fitness room will be chaperoned and open to all students on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 – 5:00pm throughout the month of January. If we have enough interest we will continue to open the room for the remainder of the year.
· Nurse Janet Godin will be conducting Eye Exams for grades 9 and 11. If you have a free period, stop by and see Janet.
· Attention seniors – VSAC Scholarships for Vermonters booklets are in the guidance office. Students can apply for VSAC scholarships for which they meet all eligibility requirements. Application deadline in Friday, March 3rd. If student applications ae submitted/postmarked by Friday, February 3rd they will be entered in a drawing for one of three $1,000 scholarships. Booklets are available in guidance and in the high school office.
· The Ultimate Frisbee Club is now selling Stowe Raider Frisbee's for $15. See Roger to purchase.
· Students can now upload photos from their mobile devices to be put into the yearbook through an app called "Replay It". It is available for free online. Yearbook club is looking for sports pictures, homecoming pictures, spirit week pictures and any candid's you wish to be seen in the yearbook.
All entrées served with milk, fruit and veggie bar
FEB 1 – chicken & cheese quesadilla, rice & salsa, roasted corn
FEB 2 – chicken tenders, French fries
FEB 6 – cheesy baked ziti, cucumber salad, garlic bread
FEB 7 – beef or bean Nachos, cheese sauce, rice & beans, black bean salad
FEB 8 – homemade pan pizza, Caesar salad
FEB 1 – Boys' Basketball @ BFA Fairfax; JV 5:30, V 7:00, bus leave 3:45 ES
Girls' Ice Hockey @ Hartford; 6:00, bus leave 3:25 ES
Boys' Ice Hockey @ Rice; 7:45, bus leave 5:45 ES
FEB 2 – Nordic Ski Team @ Sleepy Hollow – Skate; 3:30, bus leave 1:30 HS
Girls Varsity Basketball @ Northfield; 7:00, bus leave 5:20 ES
FEB 3 – Alpine Ski Team @ Burke; 9:30, bus leave 6:00 HS
Boys' Basketball @ Enosburg; JV 5:30, V 7:00, bus leave 3:30 ES
FEB 4 – Nordic Ski Team @ The Range – Classic; 10:00, bus leave 7:45 ES
Girls' Ice Hockey vs. Rice; 4:30
Girls' Varsity Basketball vs. Northfield; 5:00
Boys' Ice Hockey vs. CVU; 6:30
FEB 6 – Nordic Ski Team @ Cochran's – Skate; 3:30
FEB 7 – Girls' Basketball @ Richford; JV 5:30, V 7:00, bus leave 3:30 ES
Boys' Ice Hockey vs. South Burlington; 7:00