· All athletes interested in playing Spring Sports (Boys' & Girls' Lacrosse, Boys & Girls Tennis, Golf, Peoples Academy Baseball, Softball and Track) should sign up on the athletic website at www.stoweschoolvt.com for more information see Joanna Graves. Sign up ASAP. This is important to signup, to receive emails and practice schedules from the spring coaches.
· Friday Program this week – periods 1 – 4.
· All students and families are invited to attend the "PACK THE JACK FOR STOWE YOUTH HOCKEY" Exhibition Game of Slugs (with famous hockey players like Graham Mink, Brady Leisenring, and Ian Smith) vs. Stowe High School Boys Ice Hockey Team on Friday March 10th at 6:00pm at Stowe Arena. This event is a fundraiser for Stowe Youth Hockey, with the money raised going to make ice hockey available and accessible to all youth in the community. Tickets are $10 per person and $20 per family. This will be a fun and exciting event, please come and support the players and the youth hockey program.
· "If I Could Have a Do-Over" Presentation by John Halligan: John Halligan's son Ryan was bullied by classmates at school and online, as a result of his pain died by suicide on October 7, 2003. He was only 13 years old. Halligan's presentation will cover the lessons learned too late for his family regarding how to deal with bullying, cyberbullying and teen depression. Parents will be empowered with strategies and take preventative actions with their own children. Please contact Lauren Conti with any questions at 253-6913 ext. 2318. Please click HERE if you are interested in this opportunity. To learn more about John Halligan's presentation please visit his website.
o TUESDAY, March 21st from 6:30-8:00pm Stowe Middle High School Auditorium
o Light refreshments will be provided.
o Student presentations will be held Wednesday, March 22nd from 8:15 to 9:30am.
· Global Children's Club is now collecting hats that will be distributed to cancer patients at local hospitals. All types and styles of hats will be accepted. There is a box outside the HS office for donations.
· Stick work for Girls' Lacrosse will every Sunday from 4:00 – 5:00pm. Eye protection and mouth guards are required. This is not mandatory! Fun with music.
· Community Service:
o March Ride & Roll in the SES gymnasium on Saturday, March 11th 3:30 – 5:30pm. Children will be riding their bikes, trikes and scooters, to assist with volunteering contact Nicole 253-4321.
o Kid's Night Out – Friday, March 17th 5:30 – 10:3-, contact Stowe Rec. 253-6138.
o Stowe Elementary School is looking for volunteers to watch elementary school students during Parent/Teacher conferences. Conferences will take place on Thursday, March 16th from 3:20pm – 7:00pm and on Friday, March 24th (no school) from 11:00am – 7:00pm. We will have the dining area set up for games, coloring etc. Any increment of time is appreciated. Please contact Dot Hayden at 253-4154 or firstname.lastname@example.org