· Youth Rally for Climate Change: On Wednesday, April 12th a group of students will be able to go to Montpelier for the day devoted to helping our environment. A march, speakers, booths and other activities. Open to sophomores and seniors. If interested you must see either Ms. Well or Ms. Schaffer on Friday, March 31st to sign up. Max 20 students.
· National Honor Society is currently running a pledge drive to support CLiF (Children's Literacy Foundation). CLiF is a non-profit organization devoted to nurturing a love of reading and writing among low-income, at risk, and rural children in Vermont and New Hampshire. See a NHS member to learn more and make your pledge of either $5 or $10.
· A new online Stowe apparel store is now open! Deadline to order is this Sunday, April 2nd. No late orders will be accepted. https://stowespring2017.
· Ben & Jerry's Free Cone Day is Tuesday, April 4th 12:00 – 8:00pm.
· Jazz Band will meet on Tuesday, April 4th during block 8.
· Any student interested in the proposed History-Fine Arts-Model UN trip to Italy and Austria in 2018 should attend an informational meeting on Wednesday, April 5th briefly after school in Mr. Dornfried's room.
· An admissions representative from Savannah School of Art and Design will be in the guidance conference area on Friday, April 7th at 9:20am.
· SEF Community Night Out: Just a fun night out to support our students! Friday, April 7th at the Rusty Nail. Dancing with DJ Rekkon. $50 per person in advance. Tickets on sale now at www.stoweeducationfund.org.
· Community Service:
o Mountain River School is holding a fundraiser TOMORROW, Saturday, April 1st. The school is looking for 4 – 6 volunteers to help with coat check, kitchen help, food service and busing tables, from 5:30 – 8:30pm at the event.
o Kid's Night Out – Friday, April 7th 5:30 – 10:30pm, contact Stowe Rec. #253-6138
o Easter Egg Hunt – Saturday, April 15th 9:30 – 11:30am, contact Stowe Rec.
· A representative from the US Marine Corps will be here on Thursday, April 27th during both lunches.
· Global Children's Club is now collecting hats that will be distributed to cancer patients at local hospitals. All types and styles of hats will be accepted. There is a box outside the HS office for donations
· Haven't bought a calendar yet this year? Buy your 2017 SHS Photography Club Calendar with all photos taken by students and club members. $15 each and all proceeds go to further funding for the arts here at Stowe High School. Order forms in the office, checks made out to Stowe High School. If you have any questions contact Isa, Connor North, or Mr. Marineau