STOWE HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, January 6, 2017
teacher on duty – Mike Walogorsky
· Friday Program TODAY, periods 1 – 4.
· Attention students – The One Act Auditions are this weekend!! This is an original new play entitled "This Is What I Am…" Auditions are TOMORROW, Saturday, January 7th from 12:00 – 4:00pm, with possible call backs at 4:00pm. Sunday, January 8th from 5:00 – 8:00pm, 1st Rehearsal/Meeting. First show dates for the Regional Festival are the weekend of March 17th & 18th. For auditions please come in clothing that you can move in, and please also prepare your own short original monologue, that shares a personal story from your own life. Please be prepared to do some dance/movement work. If you have any questions, please call Taryn Noelle, Stage Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 917-364-0133.
· Music Lessons – Monday, January 9th S. Stafford period 6B, W. Cannon, A. Infante, T. Hoekstra 8th period.
· Music Lessons – Tuesday, January 10th E. Arczynski (8:47-9:29), J. Meyer (12:22-1:04), M. McHugh (1:07-1:49), I. Noyes (1:52-2:34)..
· Chorus will be held a full double block on Tuesday, January 10th and on Tuesday, January 17th period 4, and on Wednesday, January 11th and Wednesday, January 18th period 3. Therefore there will be NO Concert Band on these days, report to SPP.
· Jazz Band will meet on Wednesday, January 11th during block 7.
· Community Service:
o Kid's Night Out, TODAY, Friday, January 6th from 5:30 to 10:30pm, contact Stowe Rec. 253-6138.
o Youth Basketball is looking for a few high school students to assist with the SES basketball program. Practices are afterschool from 3:00 – 4:30pm. Contact Steph Hunt email@example.com.
o The Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center is looking for student volunteers. We look for positive and engaging people to help with putting up poster in our area, usher events, act as lobby greeters and more. For more information contact Derek Pedersen at or call the box office at 802-760-4634.
o Osher Lifelong Learning Institute of UVM is looking for a tech assistant to help with two nine week lecture series. The lectures are on Wednesdays at 1:30pm. The tech assistant would help at 12:30pm to deal with DVD, power point and computer technology etc. Winter semester begins in January and the fall semester begins in September. Contact Millie Marron at the Town & Country #253-7597.
· The Global Children's Club is collecting clothing for children in need. There will be a box in the high school lobby the clothing. Donations can be shirts, pants, sweatshirts, winter wear and shoes.
· Nurse Janet Godin will be conducting Eye Exams for grades 9 and 11. If you have a free period, stop by and see Janet.
· Attention seniors – VSAC Scholarships for Vermonters booklets are in the guidance office. Students can apply for VSAC scholarships for which they meet all eligibility requirements. Application deadline in Friday, March 3rd. If student applications ae submitted/postmarked by Friday, February 3rd they will be entered in a drawing for one of three $1,000 scholarships. Booklets are available in guidance and in the high school office.
· The 2017 Ella Skye Art Calendar is here! There are so many ways to grab one before they sell out…on the web at www.ellaskyeart.com, Black Cap Coffee or Bear Pond Books in Stowe. You can also email Ella's mom at firstname.lastname@example.org and have it delivered right to the high school. Calendars are $15.95 ($16.60 w/tax) 10% of all calendars sold support Heartbeet Lifesharing in Hardwick. Support local art, autism awareness and Heartbeet all at the same time!
· The Ultimate Frisbee Club is now selling Stowe Raider Frisbee's for $15. See Roger to purchase.
· Students can now upload photos from their mobile devices to be put into the yearbook through an app called "Replay It". It is available for free online. Yearbook club is looking for sports pictures, homecoming pictures, spirit week pictures and any candid's you wish to be seen in the yearbook.
All entrées served with milk, fruit and veggie bar
JAN 6 – jerk chicken, Caribbean rice, citrus cream, fresh fruit salsa
JAN 9 – Cabot grilled cheddar cheese sandwich, tomato soup
JAN 10 – soft fish tacos, Spanish rice, cilantro cream sauce
JAN 11- homemade pan pizza, Caesar salad
JAN 12 – chicken cutlet sandwich, BBQ baked beans
JAN 13 – Baked potato bar, beef or veggie chili, cheese sauce, steamed broccoli
JAN 6 – Boys' Basketball @ Winooski; JV 5:30, V 7:00, bus time 4:00 ES
JAN 7 – Girls' Ice Hockey @ Woodstock; 6:00, bus leave 3:15 ES
Boys' Ice Hockey @ Woodstock; 8:20, bus leave 5:30 ES
JAN 8 – Nordic Ski Team @ Stowe Mt. Resort; 10:00
JAN 10 – Alpine Ski Team @ Sugarbush South GS; 9:45; bus leave 7:00 HS
Boys' Basketball vs. Richford; JV 5:30, V 7:00
Boys' Ice Hockey vs. Lyndon; 7:00
JAN 11 – Nordic Ski Team @ Trapps – Classic; 3:00
Girls' Ice Hockey @ Rice; 5:20, bus leave 3:20 ES
Girls' Basketball vs. Richford; JV 5:30, V 7:00