· The fitness room will be chaperoned and open to all students on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 – 5:00pm throughout the month of January. If we have enough interest we will continue to open the room for the remainder of the year.
· Jazz Band will meet on Tuesday, January 10th during block 2.
· Chorus will be held a full double block on Tuesday, January 10th and on Tuesday, January 17th period 4, and on Wednesday, January 11th and Wednesday, January 18th period 3. Therefore there will be NO Concert Band on these days, report to SPP.
· Friday Program this week period 5 – 8.
· Community Service:
o Youth Basketball is looking for a few high school students to assist with the SES basketball program. Practices are afterschool from 3:00 – 4:30pm. Contact Steph Hunt email@example.com.
o The Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center is looking for student volunteers. We look for positive and engaging people to help with putting up poster in our area, usher events, act as lobby greeters and more. For more information contact Derek Pedersen at or call the box office at 802-760-4634.
· The Global Children's Club is collecting clothing for children in need. There will be a box in the high school lobby the clothing. Donations can be shirts, pants, sweatshirts, winter wear and shoes.
· Nurse Janet Godin will be conducting Eye Exams for grades 9 and 11. If you have a free period, stop by and see Janet.
· Attention seniors – VSAC Scholarships for Vermonters booklets are in the guidance office. Students can apply for VSAC scholarships for which they meet all eligibility requirements. Application deadline in Friday, March 3rd. If student applications ae submitted/postmarked by Friday, February 3rd they will be entered in a drawing for one of three $1,000 scholarships. Booklets are available in guidance and in the high school office.
· The 2017 Ella Skye Art Calendar is here! There are so many ways to grab one before they sell out…on the web at www.ellaskyeart.com, Black Cap Coffee or Bear Pond Books in Stowe. You can also email Ella's mom at firstname.lastname@example.org and have it delivered right to the high school. Calendars are $15.95 ($16.60 w/tax) 10% of all calendars sold support Heartbeet Lifesharing in Hardwick. Support local art, autism awareness and Heartbeet all at the same time!
· The Ultimate Frisbee Club is now selling Stowe Raider Frisbee's for $15. See Roger to purchase.
· Students can now upload photos from their mobile devices to be put into the yearbook through an app called "Replay It". It is available for free online. Yearbook club is looking for sports pictures, homecoming pictures, spirit week pictures and any candid's you wish to be seen in the yearbook.
All entrées served with milk, fruit and veggie bar
JAN 9 – Cabot grilled cheddar cheese sandwich, tomato soup
JAN 10 – soft fish tacos, Spanish rice, cilantro cream sauce
JAN 11- homemade pan pizza, Caesar salad
JAN 12 – chicken cutlet sandwich, BBQ baked beans
JAN 13 – Baked potato bar, beef or veggie chili, cheese sauce, steamed broccoli
JAN 17 – steak and cheese subs, onions & peppers, French fries
JAN 18 – chicken & cheese quesadilla, rice & salsa, roasted corn
JAN 19 – shepherd's pie, green beans, whole wheat roll
JAN 20 – hamburgers/cheeseburgers, whole wheat bun, sweet potato fries
JAN 10 – Alpine Ski Team @ Sugarbush South GS; 9:45; bus leave 7:00 HS
Boys' Basketball vs. Richford; JV 5:30, V 7:00
Boys' Ice Hockey vs. Lyndon; 7:00
JAN 11 – Nordic Ski Team @ Trapps – Classic; 3:00
Girls' Ice Hockey @ Rice; 5:20, bus leave 3:20 ES
Girls' Basketball vs. BFA Fairfax; JV 5:30, V 7:00
JAN 13 – Girls' Varsity Basketball @ Craftsbury Tournament vs. Craftsbury; 3:00, bus leave 1:15 HS
Boys' Varsity Basketball @ Craftsbury Tournament vs. Twinfield; 4:30, bus leave 1:15 HS
JAN 14 – Boys & Girls Varsity Basketball @ Craftsbury Tournament
Nordic Ski Team @ U-32 – Skate; 10:00, bus leave 8:00 ES
Boys' Ice Hockey vs. Rice; 6:30
JAN 16 – Alpine Ski Team @ Cochran's SL; 11:00, bus leave 8:30 HS
JAN 17 – Boys' Basketball vs. Peoples Academy; JV5:30, V 7:00
JAN 18 – Girls' Basketball @ Peoples Academy; JV 5:30, V 7:00, bus leave 4:25 ES
Boys' Ice Hockey @ Harwood; 6:00, bus leave 4:10 ES
Girls' Ice Hockey @ Mississquoi; 6:15, bus leave 3:30 ES
JAN 19 – Boys' Basketball @ Hazen; JV 6:00, V 7:30, bus leave 4:30 ES
JAN 20 – Nordic Ski Team @ Range – Freestyle; 4:00, bus leave 1:30 HS
Girls' Basketball vs. Hazen; JV 5:30, V 7:00
JAN 21 – Boys' Basketball @ Northfield; JV 1:00, V 2:30, bus leave 11:25 ES
Girls' Ice Hockey @ Harwood; 5:00, bus leave 3:20 ES
Boys' Ice Hockey @ Rutland, 7:00, bus leave 3:30 ES