· Stowe High School is seeking host families for next year's exchange students from China. Families may host for one semester of for the full year. Each family will attend training with Ms. Harris before hosting and will receive a monthly stipend. Contact Ms. Harris for details at email@example.com
· · Friday Program this week periods 1 – 4.
· There will be NO Band or Chorus block 4 TODAY Tuesday, January 17th report to SPP in the lecture section with Ms. Schnee.
· Jazz Band will meet TODAY, Tuesday, January 17th during block 6.
· Mandatory Full Chorus rehearsal TODAY, Tuesday, January 17th during block 8. Bring your flashlights.
· Clubs will meet TOMORROW, Wednesday, January 18th during TA time.
· There will be NO Band or Chorus TOMORROW, Wednesday, January 18 during block 3 report to SPP in Roger's classroom.
· Mandatory Full Concert Band rehearsal TOMORROW, Wednesday, January 18th during block 5.
· Stowe Education Fund Update – please open the attached letter from Stowe Education fund on their plans and goals for the year ahead. We here at Stowe High School are grateful for the on-going support of everyone involved with SEF. Together, we work to improve our schools. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BytzzKBrXCK_aXhvUGtSR0FnYVU
· Parents and Guardians of the Class of 2017 – It's the time of year that the Yearbook Committee and the Class of 2017 request your contributions to this year's yearbook. Click on the attached link for the form regarding yearbook advertisement sizes and prices. We greatly appreciate your contributions. Thank you! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oW80Ubgmv4YydyjB366CJTX98McXPk-3W8uOCkMGwUw/edit
· The fitness room will be chaperoned and open to all students on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 – 5:00pm throughout the month of January. If we have enough interest we will continue to open the room for the remainder of the year.
· Community Service:
o Youth Basketball is looking for a few high school students to assist with the SES basketball program. Practices are afterschool from 3:00 – 4:30pm. Contact Steph Hunt firstname.lastname@example.org.
o The Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center is looking for student volunteers. We look for positive and engaging people to help with putting up poster in our area, usher events, act as lobby greeters and more. For more information contact Derek Pedersen at or call the box office at 802-760-4634.
All entrées served with milk, fruit and veggie bar
JAN 17 – steak and cheese subs, onions & peppers, French fries
JAN 18 – chicken & cheese quesadilla, rice & salsa, roasted corn
JAN 19 – shepherd's pie, green beans, whole wheat roll
JAN 20 – hamburgers/cheeseburgers, whole wheat bun, sweet potato fries
JAN 17 – Boys' Basketball vs. Peoples Academy; JV5:30, V 7:00
JAN 18 – Girls' Basketball @ Peoples Academy; JV 5:30, V 7:00, bus leave 4:25 ES
Boys' Ice Hockey @ Harwood; 6:00, bus leave 4:10 ES
Girls' Ice Hockey @ Mississquoi; 6:15, bus leave 3:30 ES
JAN 19 – Boys' Basketball @ Hazen; JV 6:00, V 7:30, bus leave 4:30 ES
JAN 20 – Nordic Ski Team @ Range – Freestyle; 4:00, bus leave 1:30 HS
Girls' Basketball vs. Hazen; JV 5:30, V 7:00
JAN 21 – Boys' Basketball @ Northfield; JV 1:00, V 2:30, bus leave 11:25 ES
Girls' Ice Hockey @ Harwood; 5:00, bus leave 3:20 ES
Boys' Ice Hockey @ Rutland, 7:00, bus leave 3:30 ES