STOWE HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, October 28, 2016
teacher on duty – Tegan Garon
· HUNO Club is collecting non-perishable food for the local Food Shelf. The goal is 50 items per TA. This food drive will run the month of November. The TA in each grade that brings in the most items will be rewarded a Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream party!
· Attention students: Friday Program registration forms and applicable waivers must be signed by a parent and returned with any fees in the high school office as soon as possible!
· Sports Registration for Winter Sports is now open – go to the NEW website www.stoweschoolsvt.com, at the top of the page click on Our Schools, go to Stowe High, click on School links, then to SHS Athletics, then click on Register for Sports online. Deadline is Tuesday, November 1st.
· A representative from the US Army will be in the cafeteria on Thursday, November 3rd during both lunches.
· Stowe Youth Hockey is pleased to present the preseason Midget skate on November 1st, 2nd 3rd and 8th 9th and 10th of November at the Stowe Arena with Coach Brady Leisenring. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:45 – 7:00am and Wednesdays from 5:30 – 6:45am. All HS girls and boys players are welcome to participate. Register at SYH.
· Attention Alpine Ski Team – Stowe Mountain Season Passes are on sale now! Special Deals before Sunday, November 6th.
· Do you want to work the polls on Election Day? The Assistant Town Clerks Megan Gregory & Lisa Walker are looking for Stowe residents 16 years old or older to work the polls on Tuesday, November 8th for the following shifts. 7:00am – 10:00am, 10:00am – 1:00pm, 1:00pm – 4:00pm or 4:00pm – 7:00pm. To work during school hours you need to have a study hall or open campus and written permission from a parent. This will count for Community Service. Call 253-6133
· The SMHS Chinese program is hosting the second annual Play it Again Stowe gear swap on Friday, November 11th from 11:00am to 5:00pm in the SMHS cafeteria. Donate your used sport gear – all sports and all ages are welcome – at our drop of location in the main office. Then come shop the selection to get gear at low prices on November 11th! All proceeds support Chinese language and & culture field trips for Stowe students.
· The Stowe Gear Online Stowe is open with some new items added. The deadline to order is Sunday, November 13th. And no late orders are accepted. The gear will arrive at the high school before the holiday break. http://stowehswinter2016.itemorder.com Go Raiders!!
· Come support the High School Musical "Urinetown" on Friday, November 18th at 7:00pm, Saturday, November 19th at 2:00pm and 7:00pm and on Sunday, November 20th at 2:00pm. Tickets are $ 10/adults and $7/students 14 and under.
· Community Service:
o Volunteer's needed for Wheels for Warmth Tire Drop Off at Percy Park on Weeks Hill Road. Shifts are TODAY, Friday, October 28th 2:00 – 4:00pm & 4:00 – 6:00pm. Please bring gloves and clothes that can get dirty. Contact Heidi Scheuermann Heidi@heidischeuermann.com or 802-793-3889.
o Green Mountain Athletic Association is hosting the 2016 Middle School Cross Country Championships at Trapps TOMORROW, Saturday, October 29th. They are looking for volunteer's tasks: Water stops/Aid stations, Course Marshals, Race Day Registration, Finish Line, Traffic/Parking, T-shirts and Runner Food Preparation. Hours are 8:00am – noon. Contact Sue Dodge (ASAP) at email@example.com
o Volunteer's needed for Stowe Parks and Rec. Pumpkin Lobotomy – TOMORROW, Saturday, October 29th at SES from 1:00 – 3:00pm. Email Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org
o Volunteer's needed for Stowe Parks and Rec. Halloween Party on Monday, October 31st at SES from 4:00 – 6:30pm. Email Emily at email@example.com
o Support our local veterans and community members by volunteering at the 3rd Annual Free Veteran's Day Community Breakfast at Stowe Community Church on Friday, November 11th. Signup sheet in the high school office.
· The Ultimate Frisbee Club is now selling Stowe Raider Frisbee's for $15. See Roger to purchase.
· Students can now upload photos from their mobile devices to be put into the yearbook through an app called "Replay It". It is available for free online. Yearbook club is looking for sports pictures, homecoming pictures, spirit week pictures and any candid's you wish to be seen in the yearbook.
All entrées served with milk, fruit and veggie bar
OCT 28 – BBQ pork sandwich, whole wheat bun, coleslaw, sweet potato fries
OCT 31 – pasta alfredo w/chicken and vegetables, garlic bread
OCT 28 – Boys' Soccer vs. Hazen; 3:00
OCT 29 – Girls' Soccer vs. Peoples Academy; 1:00
NOV 5 – Cross Country @ Thetford State Championship
NOV 12 – Cross Country @ New England's