STOWE HIGH SCHOOL
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
teacher on duty – Don McDowell
· SPIRIT WEEK
o Tuesday, October 11th – Tourist Day
o Wednesday, October 12th – USA Day
o Thursday, October 13th – Twin Day
o Friday, October 14th (Homecoming) – Raider Day
Freshmen – wear green
Sophomores – wear white
Juniors – wear black
Seniors – wear senior shirts
· Any girl interested in playing Basketball this winter there will be a brief meeting TODAY, Tuesday, October 11th right at the beginning of TA, please meets Joanna Graves in the lobby of the auditorium.
· Jazz Band will take place TOMORROW, Wednesday, October 12th during the 2nd half of block 5.
· Music Lessons – Thursday, October 13th – C. Ellis period 1, S. Stafford period 6B, A. Infante, T. Hoekstra, W. Cannon, V. Eliasson period 8.
· Homecoming Dance sponsored by Student Leadership will take place on Friday, October 14th 8:00 – 10:30pm. Doors will be closed at 8:30pm. Tickets $10 student, $15 couple, will be sold next week. More info to follow from Student Leadership.
· Airtober Fest Fly-In at Morrisville Stowe State Airport on Saturday, October 15th from 10:00am to 3:00pm. There will be food, fun and flying. Look at various planes old and new. Helicopter and Glider rides. Free Young Eagles flights for children ages 8 – 17. Numerous vendors will also be present.
· Early release for all students will take place on Wednesday, October 19th. Students will be dismissed at 11:45. Lunch will be available. Students who take the Wolcott bus home can be dropped off between Stowe and Wolcott on RT 100 and 15. Students who go to Wolcott Elementary need to be picked up by 12:15. Progress Committee will have a detailed schedule forthcoming.
· Attention Alpine Ski Team – Stowe Mountain Season Passes are on sale now! Special Deals before Sunday, November 6th.
· Mr. McDowell and Carolina C. are looking for students that would be potentially be interested in a neuroscience club, with UVM undergraduates coming to school weekly to share their knowledge on neuroscience. See Mr. McDowell or Carolina Christ if interested.
· Community Service:
o Volunteers needed for Raider Day, Saturday, October 15th – 12:45 – 2:45 help with the Fun Run, 2:30 – 4:30 sell raffle tickets, 4:30 – 6:30 sell raffle tickets and break down. Sign up in the office with Charlene.
o Green Mountain Athletic Association is hosting the 2016 Middle School Cross Country Championships at Trapps on Saturday, October 29th. They are looking for volunteers tasks: Water stops/Aid stations, Course Marshals, Race Day Registration, Finish Line, Traffic/Parking, T shirts and Runner Food Preparation. Hours are 8:00am – noon. Contact Sue Dodge at firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday, October 22nd.
o Support our local veterans and community members by volunteering at the 3rd Annual Free Veteran's Day Community Breakfast at Stowe Community Church on Friday, November 11th. Signup sheet in the high school office.
· Optional pickup basketball with Alex Minkoff will take place on Mondays, and Thursdays, at 5:00pm.
· Students can now upload photos from their mobile devices to be put into the yearbook through an app called "Replay It". It is available for free online. Yearbook club is looking for sports pictures, homecoming pictures, spirit week pictures and any candid's you wish to be seen in the yearbook.
· Sports Registration for Winter Sports is now open – go to the NEW website www.stoweschoolsvt.com, at the top of the page click on Our Schools, go to Stowe High, click on School links, then to SHS Athletics, then click on Register for Sports online.
· Attention students – the high school office will not be handing out Poster Board for anything other than school projects.
· Announcement from the Bus Barn – Change in the bus order in the afternoon. The bus line starting closes to the soccer field – Bus 3, Joe's bus, Bus 1, Donna's bus, Bus 50, Brian's bus (Wolcott bus), bus 2, John's bus, and Bus 5, Cathy's bus.
· Cotton Brook Fun Run!! Come check it out. Every Tuesday at 5:20pm runners, joggers, and walkers gather to participate in the Cotton Brook Fun Run. Choose a half mile, 1 mile, 2.2 mile or the ever challenging 5k. It is a great way to improve overall strength and endurance. Meet below the gate in Cotton Brook every
All entrées served with milk, fruit and veggie bar
OCT 11 – homemade whole wheat pizza, Caesar salad
OCT 12 – hot roast beef sandwich, mashed potato, gravy, steamed broccoli
OCT 13 – hamburgers/cheeseburgers, whole wheat bun, French fries, baked beans
OCT 14 – homemade chicken and biscuits, butternut squash
OCT 17 – meatloaf, whole wheat roll, mashed potatoes
OCT 18 – homemade whole wheat pizza, Caesar salad
OCT 19 – chicken tenders, French fries
OCT 24 – Breakfast for Lunch – French toast, home fries
OCT 25 – homemade whole wheat pizza, Caesar salad
OCT 26 – baked ziti, cucumber salad, garlic bread
OCT 27 – beef & bean nachos, cheese sauce, rice, sour cream, black bean salad
OCT 28 – BBQ pork sandwich, whole wheat bun, coleslaw, sweet potato fries
OCT 31 – pasta alfredo w/chicken and vegetables, garlic bread
OCT 11 – Freshman Boys' Soccer @ MMU; 4:00, bus leave 2:30
Varsity Girls' Soccer vs. Montpelier; 4:00
OCT 12 – Field Hockey @ Lyndon; 3:45, bus leave 1:20
Boys' Soccer vs. Montpelier; 4:00
OCT 13 – Girls' Soccer @ South Burlington; 3:45, bus leave 2:05
Freshman Boys' Soccer @ CVU; 4:00, bus leave 2:05
OCT 14 – Freshman Boys' Soccer vs. Essex; 4:00
OCT 15 – Cross Country @ Harwood Invite; 12:00
Varsity & JV Girls' Soccer vs. Randolph; 2:00
JV Field Hockey vs. Harwood; 2:30
Varsity & JV Boys' Soccer vs. Randolph; 4:00
Varsity Field Hockey vs. Harwood; 4:00