STOWE HIGH SCHOOL
Tuesday, October 18, 2016
teacher on duty – Tegan Garon
· Jazz Band will take place TODAY, Tuesday, October 18th block 2.
· Early release for all students will take place TOMORROW, Wednesday, October 19th. Students will be dismissed at 11:45. Lunch will be available. Students who take the Wolcott bus home can be dropped off between Stowe and Wolcott on RT 100 and 15. Students who go to Wolcott Elementary need to be picked up by 12:15. Progress Committee will have a detailed schedule forthcoming.
· Informational Alpine Ski Team meeting for parents & athletes will take place on Monday, October 24th at 5:30pm in the cafeteria. If you are at all interested in joining the team, please attend this meeting.
· Attention students: Friday Program registration forms and applicable waivers must be signed by a parent and returned with any fees no later than Tuesday, October 25th.
· The annual 6th Grade Wreath & Citrus Sale is going on now through October 28th If you would like to order something, but do not know a 6th grader, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make sure you are taken care of. Thank you in advance for your support.
· Attention Alpine Ski Team – Stowe Mountain Season Passes are on sale now! Special Deals before Sunday, November 6th.
· Mr. McDowell and Carolina C. are looking for students that would be potentially interested in a neuroscience club, with UVM undergraduates coming to school weekly to share their knowledge on neuroscience. See Mr. McDowell or Carolina Christ if interested.
· Community Service:
o Volunteer's needed for Stowe Parks and Rec. Pumpkin Lobotomy – On Saturday, October 29th at SES from 1:00 – 3:00pm. Email Emily at email@example.com
o Volunteer's needed for Stowe Parks and Rec. Halloween Party on Monday, October 31st at SES from 4:00 – 6:30pm. Email Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org
o Support our local veterans and community members by volunteering at the 3rd Annual Free Veteran's Day Community Breakfast at Stowe Community Church on Friday, November 11th. Signup sheet in the high school office.
· Students can now upload photos from their mobile devices to be put into the yearbook through an app called "Replay It". It is available for free online. Yearbook club is looking for sports pictures, homecoming pictures, spirit week pictures and any candid's you wish to be seen in the yearbook.
· Sports Registration for Winter Sports is now open – go to the NEW website www.stoweschoolsvt.com, at the top of the page click on Our Schools, go to Stowe High, click on School links, then to SHS Athletics, then click on Register for Sports online.
· Cotton Brook Fun Run!! Come check it out. Every Tuesday at 5:20pm runners, joggers, and walkers gather to participate in the Cotton Brook Fun Run. Choose a half mile, 1 mile, 2.2 mile or the ever challenging 5k. It is a great way to improve overall strength and endurance. Meet below the gate in Cotton Brook every
All entrées served with milk, fruit and veggie bar
OCT 18 – homemade whole wheat pizza, Caesar salad
OCT 19 – chicken tenders, French fries
OCT 24 – Breakfast for Lunch – French toast, home fries
OCT 25 – homemade whole wheat pizza, Caesar salad
OCT 26 – baked ziti, cucumber salad, garlic bread
OCT 27 – beef & bean nachos, cheese sauce, rice, sour cream, black bean salad
OCT 28 – BBQ pork sandwich, whole wheat bun, coleslaw, sweet potato fries
OCT 31 – pasta alfredo w/chicken and vegetables, garlic bread
OCT 18 – Field Hockey vs. Mississquoi; V 4:00 JV 5:15 – Senior Day
Cross Country @ Peoples Academy; 4:30, bus leave 2;40
OCT 19 – Girls' Soccer vs. Harwood; 4:00
OCT 20 – Boys' Soccer @ Lyndon; 4:00, bus leave 1:30
Field Hockey @ Spaulding; JV 5:30, V 7:00, bus leave 4:00 HS
OCT 21 – Boys' Soccer @ GMVS; 4:00, bus leave 2:25 ES
OCT 22 – Cross Country @ Lamoille NVAC Championship; 10:30
Girls' Soccer @ Lyndon; 10:00, bus leave 7:45
NOV 5 – Cross Country @ Thetford State Championship
NOV 12 – Cross Country @ New England's