STOWE HIGH SCHOOL
Monday, October 3, 2016
teacher on duty – Laura Kalp
· Mr. McDowell and Carolina C. are looking for students that would be potentially be interested in a neuroscience club, with UVM undergraduates coming the school weekly to share their knowledge on neuroscience. See Mr. McDowell or Carolina Christ if interested.
· Music Lessons – Monday, October 3rd S. Stafford period 6B, W. Cannon, A. Infante & T. Hoekstra 8th period.
· Music Lesson – Tuesday, October 4th S. Barg (2nd half of block 2).
· Clubs will start this Wednesday, October 5th.
· Jazz Band will meet on Wednesday, October 5th block 3.
· Spirit Club will meet on Thursday, October 6th at 7:30am in Ms. Horton's room.
· Music Lessons – Thursday, October 6th S. Stafford period 6B, A. Infante, T. Hoekstra, W. Cannon & V. Eliasson period 8.
· The 3rd Annual 8th grade Chinese class Ping Pong Tournament will take place on Friday October 7th at 6:30pm in the gymnasium. Students, family members, friends, faculty and staff are encouraged to play! The cost per team is $25, checks made out to Stowe Middle School. Proceeds will go toward the 8th grade Chinese class trip to Boston Chinatown. See Ms. Harris's for more information and to sign up.
· Attention Alpine Ski Team – Stowe Mountain Season Passes are on sale now! Special Deals before Sunday, November 6th.
· Community Service:
o Support our local veterans and community members by volunteering at the 3rd Annual Free Veteran's Day Community Breakfast at Stowe Community Church on Friday, November 11th. Signup sheet in the high school office.
· Attention students – the high school office will not be handing out Poster Board for anything other than school projects.
· Announcement from the Bus Barn – Change in the bus order in the afternoon. The bus line starting closes to the soccer field – Bus 3, Joe's bus, Bus 1, Donna's bus, Bus 50, Brian's bus (Wolcott bus), bus 2, John's bus, and Bus 5, Cathy's bus.
· Cotton Brook Fun Run!! Come check it out. Every Tuesday at 5:20pm runners, joggers, and walkers gather to participate in the Cotton Brook Fun Run. Choose a half mile, 1 mile, 2.2 mile or the ever challenging 5k. It is a great way to improve overall strength and endurance. Meet below the gate in Cotton Brook every Tuesday through late October.
· Flu Shot Clinic will be administered by Molly Lewis our local CVS registered pharmacist on Friday, October 7th 12:30 – 3:30 in the nurse's office. Please be sure to bring your insurance card.
All entrées served with milk, fruit and veggie bar
OCT 3 – beef enchiladas, seasoned rice, salsa, sour cream, black bean & corn salad
OCT 4 – homemade whole wheat pizza, Caesar salad
OCT 5 – Cabot grilled cheddar cheese sandwich, tomato soup
OCT 6 – meatball sub, Spinach salad, French fries
OCT 7 – shepherd's pie, green beans, whole wheat roll
OCT 10 – whole wheat spaghetti, red or meat sauce, ratatouille
OCT 11 – homemade whole wheat pizza, Caesar salad
OCT 12 – hot roast beef sandwich, mashed potato, gravy, steamed broccoli
OCT 13 – hamburgers/cheeseburgers, whole wheat bun, French fries, baked beans
OCT 14 – homemade chicken and biscuits, butternut squash
OCT 4 – Field Hockey vs. Rice; V 3:45, JV 5:00
Boys' Soccer @ Peoples; 3:45, bus leave 2:45
OCT 5 – Freshman Boys' Soccer vs. St. Johnsbury; 4:00
Girls' Soccer @ Peoples; 4:00, bus leave 2:45
Cross Country @ Lamoille; 4:30, bus leave 2:30
OCT 7 – Freshman Boys' Soccer vs. CVU; 4:00
Girls' Soccer @ Williamstown/Northfield; 4:00, bus leave 2:20
OCT 8 – Field Hockey vs U-32; V 10:00, JV 11:15
Boys' Soccer @ Northfield; 11:00, bus leave 9:00 ES
OCT 10 – Boys' Soccer @ Lyndon; 4:00, bus leave 1:45
JV Girls' Soccer vs. So. Burlington; 4:00
Cross Country @ Lake Region; 4:30, bus leave1:55
OCT 11 – Freshman Boys' Soccer @ MMU; 4:00, bus leave 2:30
Varsity Girls' Soccer vs. Montpelier; 4:00
OCT 12 – Field Hockey @ Lyndon; 3:45, bus leave 1:20
Boys' Soccer vs. Montpelier; 4:00