· Students can now upload photos from their mobile devices to be put into the yearbook through an app called "Replay It". It is available for free online. Yearbook club is looking for sports pictures, homecoming pictures, spirit week pictures and any candid's you wish to be seen in the yearbook.
· Sports Registration for Winter Sports is now open – go to the NEW website www.stoweschoolsvt.com, at the top of the page click on Our Schools, go to Stowe High, click on School links, then to SHS Athletics, then click on Register for Sports online.
· There is a Mandatory Spirit Club meeting on Monday, October 10th at 7:30am in Ms. Horton's room. Attendance is important or NO pep rally!
· SPIRIT WEEK
o Monday, October 10th – Sports Day
o Tuesday, October 11th – Tourist Day
o Wednesday, October 12th – USA Day
o Thursday, October 13th – Twin Day
o Friday, October 14th (Homecoming) – Raider Day
Freshmen – wear green
Sophomores – wear white
Juniors – wear black
Seniors – wear senior shirts
· There will be NO music classes on Monday, October 10th, students will go to SPP.
· Optional pickup basketball with Alex Minkoff will take place TODAY, Monday, October 10th and Thursday, October 13th at 5:00pm.
· Anyone interested in being on the Prom Committee, please attend a meeting TOMORROW, Tuesday, October 11th at 7:30am in Ms. Hoffmann's room.
· Any girl interested in playing Basketball this winter there will be a brief meeting TOMORROW, Tuesday, October 11th right at the beginning of TA, please meet Joanna Graves in the lobby of the auditorium.
· Music Lessons – TOMORROW, Tuesday, October 11th – W. Cannon, A. Infante, T. Hoekstra; 8th period.
· Homecoming Dance sponsored by Student Leadership will take place on Friday, October 14th 8:00 – 10:30pm. Doors will be closed at 8:30pm. Tickets $10 student, $15 couple, will be sold next week. More info to follow from Student Leadership.
· Airtober Fest Fly-In at Morrisville Stowe State Airport on Saturday, October 15th from 10:00am to 3:00pm. There will be food, fun and flying. Look at various planes old and new. Helicopter and Glider rides. Free Young Eagles flights for children ages 8 – 17. Numerous vendors will also be present.
· Early release for all students will take place on Wednesday, October 19th. Students will be dismissed at 11:45. Lunch will be available. Students who take the Wolcott bus home can be dropped off between Stowe and Wolcott on RT 100 and 15. Students who go to Wolcott Elementary need to be picked up by 12:15. Progress Committee will have a detailed schedule forthcoming.
· Attention Alpine Ski Team – Stowe Mountain Season Passes are on sale now! Special Deals before Sunday, November 6th.
· Mr. McDowell and Carolina C. are looking for students that would be potentially be interested in a neuroscience club, with UVM undergraduates coming to school weekly to share their knowledge on neuroscience. See Mr. McDowell or Carolina Christ if interested.
· Community Service:
o Volunteers needed for the SEF Pumpkin Event TODAY, Monday, October 10th. (4:30pm for set up, 4:45 ushers needed to help seat for story time, 5:00 set up and serve refreshments, 6:00 clean up) Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up or for more information.
o Volunteers needed for Raider Day, Saturday, October 15th – 12:45 – 2:45 help with the Fun Run, 2:30 – 4:30 sell raffle tickets, 4:30 – 6:30 sell raffle tickets and break down. Sign up in the office with Charlene.
o Green Mountain Athletic Association is hosting the 2016 Middle School Cross Country Championships at Trapps on Saturday, October 29th. They are looking for volunteers tasks: Water stops/Aid stations, Course Marshals, Race Day Registration, Finish Line, Traffic/Parking, T shirts and Runner Food Preparation. Hours are 8:00am – noon. Contact Sue Dodge at email@example.com by Saturday, October 22nd.
o Support our local veterans and community members by volunteering at the 3rd Annual Free Veteran's Day Community Breakfast at Stowe Community Church on Friday, November 11th. Signup sheet in the high school office.
· Attention students – the high school office will not be handing out Poster Board for anything other than school projects.
· Announcement from the Bus Barn – Change in the bus order in the afternoon. The bus line starting closes to the soccer field – Bus 3, Joe's bus, Bus 1, Donna's bus, Bus 50, Brian's bus (Wolcott bus), bus 2, John's bus, and Bus 5, Cathy's bus.
· Cotton Brook Fun Run!! Come check it out. Every Tuesday at 5:20pm runners, joggers, and walkers gather to participate in the Cotton Brook Fun Run. Choose a half mile, 1 mile, 2.2 mile or the ever challenging 5k. It is a great way to improve overall strength and endurance. Meet below the gate in Cotton Brook every
All entrées served with milk, fruit and veggie bar
OCT 10 – whole wheat spaghetti, red or meat sauce, ratatouille
OCT 11 – homemade whole wheat pizza, Caesar salad
OCT 12 – hot roast beef sandwich, mashed potato, gravy, steamed broccoli
OCT 13 – hamburgers/cheeseburgers, whole wheat bun, French fries, baked beans
OCT 14 – homemade chicken and biscuits, butternut squash
OCT 10 – Boys' Soccer @ Lyndon; 4:00, bus leave 1:45
JV Girls' Soccer vs. So. Burlington; 4:00
Cross Country @ Lake Region; 4:30, bus leave1:55
OCT 11 – Freshman Boys' Soccer @ MMU; 4:00, bus leave 2:30
Varsity Girls' Soccer vs. Montpelier; 4:00
OCT 12 – Field Hockey @ Lyndon; 3:45, bus leave 1:20
Boys' Soccer vs. Montpelier; 4:00