STOWE HIGH SCHOOL
Wednesday, October 26, 2016
teacher on duty – Tegan Garon
· The Ultimate Frisbee Club is now selling Stowe Raider Frisbee's for $15. See Roger to purchase.
· Attention students: Friday Program registration forms and applicable waivers must be signed by a parent and returned with any fees in the high school office as soon as possible!
· Clubs will meet TODAY, Wednesday, October 26th during TA time.
· Picture Retake Day is scheduled TOMORROW, Thursday, October 27th. Picture forms are in the office for those who were absent for the first session. If you are having your photo retaken, you must bring in your photo package and return it to the photographer. We will call by grade level over the PA system when the photographer is done with the middle school retakes.
· There will be a mandatory Double Period Band Rehearsal TOMORROW, Thursday, October 27th and again on Thursday, November 10th periods 3 & 4. Students will be preparing for their concert in November. There is a list of Band members on the board next to the mailboxes.
· The annual 6th Grade Wreath & Citrus Sale is going on now through October 28th If you would like to order something, but do not know a 6th grader, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make sure you are taken care of. Thank you in advance for your support.
· Sports Registration for Winter Sports is now open – go to the NEW website www.stoweschoolsvt.com, at the top of the page click on Our Schools, go to Stowe High, click on School links, then to SHS Athletics, then click on Register for Sports online. Deadline is Tuesday, November 1st.
· Stowe Youth Hockey is pleased to present the preseason Midget skate on November 1st, 2nd 3rd and 8th 9th and 10th of November at the Stowe Arena with Coach Brady Leisenring. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:45 – 7:00am and Wednesdays from 5:30 – 6:45am. All HS girls and boys players are welcome to participate. Register at SYH.
· Attention Alpine Ski Team – Stowe Mountain Season Passes are on sale now! Special Deals before Sunday, November 6th.
· The Stowe Gear Online Stowe is open with some new items added. The deadline to order is Sunday, November 13th. And no late orders are accepted. The gear will arrive at the high school before the holiday break. http://stowehswinter2016.itemorder.com Go Raiders!!
· Community Service:
o Volunteer's needed for Wheels for Warmth Tire Drop Off at Percy Park on Weeks Hill Road. Shifts are TOMORROW, Thursday, October 27th and Friday, October 28th 2:00 – 4:00pm & 4:00 – 6:00pm. Please bring gloves and clothes that can get dirty. Contact Heidi Scheuermann Heidi@heidischeuermann.com or 802-793-3889.
o Green Mountain Athletic Association is hosting the 2016 Middle School Cross Country Championships at Trapps on Saturday, October 29th. They are looking for volunteer's tasks: Water stops/Aid stations, Course Marshals, Race Day Registration, Finish Line, Traffic/Parking, T-shirts and Runner Food Preparation. Hours are 8:00am – noon. Contact Sue Dodge (ASAP) at email@example.com
o Volunteer's needed for Stowe Parks and Rec. Pumpkin Lobotomy – On Saturday, October 29th at SES from 1:00 – 3:00pm. Email Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org
o Volunteer's needed for Stowe Parks and Rec. Halloween Party on Monday, October 31st at SES from 4:00 – 6:30pm. Email Emily at email@example.com
o Support our local veterans and community members by volunteering at the 3rd Annual Free Veteran's Day Community Breakfast at Stowe Community Church on Friday, November 11th. Signup sheet in the high school office.
· Students can now upload photos from their mobile devices to be put into the yearbook through an app called "Replay It". It is available for free online. Yearbook club is looking for sports pictures, homecoming pictures, spirit week pictures and any candid's you wish to be seen in the yearbook.
All entrées served with milk, fruit and veggie bar
OCT 26 – baked ziti, cucumber salad, garlic bread
OCT 27 – beef & bean nachos, cheese sauce, rice, sour cream, black bean salad
OCT 28 – BBQ pork sandwich, whole wheat bun, coleslaw, sweet potato fries
OCT 31 – pasta alfredo w/chicken and vegetables, garlic bread
OCT 26 – Girls' Soccer vs. Windsor; 3:00
OCT 27 – Field Hockey vs. St. Johnsbury; 3:30
NOV 5 – Cross Country @ Thetford State Championship
NOV 12 – Cross Country @ New England's